Theatrical movie poster
Jodi Sta. Maria
|Distributed by||Star Cinema|
|Box office||₱61 million|
Cinco (Five) is a 2010 Filipino psychological horror film produced and released by Star Cinema. The film consists of five different horror stories with various actors and directors. The film was released on July 14, 2010.
Three neophytes are brought to a morgue for the final part of their initiation. They are told to last three hours in the keep. When an overeager neophyte snoops around the morgue, they get more than what they bargained for. After which an arm on a corpse, with the R.I.P. tattoo on the hand, came to life, despite being detached from the body.
- Frasco Mortiz
A young mother visits the wake of her daughter's classmate. Soon, she finds the ghost of the dead child on her tail seeking revenge after she steals the shoes of her daughter's classmate (causing the car accident that also caused the death of her daughter's classmate.)
- Enrico Santos
"Mata" is all about Rose (Maja Salvador), who after witnessing a crime scene that involves her fiancée Alvin (Rayver Cruz), experiences a repetition of the same dreadful incident until she tells the truth.
Rizza (Mariel Rodriguez) is a cold mean editor. After she fires a janitor, she is then haunted. Although it is revealed to be a joke by the late night shift employee Eric (Ketchup Eusebio), later in the episode the janitor actually jumps off the building, killing himself. Once Rizza realizes the prank, she angrily shouts, "You're fired!" unaware that the real ghost is behind her inside the elevator. The episode ends with Eric finding her inside the elevator, traumatized by the ghost. She then suddenly becomes crazy. During the events wherein Mang Bong the janitor jumps, the second employee that was waiting outside bought a balot (Filipino egg cuisine) which was handed to him by a man whose hand bears the R.I.P tattoo.
- Nick Olanka
A circus woman with an unflattering appearance uses a love potion on her love who works in the carnival's horror house. When the potion worked, unfortunately, the man got brutally stabbed to death by a crazed member of the audience. Hell ensues at the carnival as the man is turned into a zombie and chases the circus woman. Eventually, the circus woman dies, but she managed to cut her lover's arm. It is revealed that the arm is the same arm in the first part of the movie. It is also revealed that Elvis is the one with the R.I.P. tattoo.(Braso)
- The first broadcast of the SPG rating was aired in this film on ABS-CBN.
- The shock sound effects are similar to Shake, Rattle and Roll 2k5.
- Quintos, Napoleon (22 May 2010). "AJ Perez top-bills the new horror film ‘Cinco’". ABS-CBN.com. Retrieved 23 June 2010.
- Video on YouTube
- Napoleon Quintos. "Sam Concepcion grows up in the upcoming film ‘Cinco’". ABS-CBN.
- Napoleon Quintos. "AJ Perez top-bills the new horror film ‘Cinco’". ABS-CBN.
- Marchie Mallari. "Maja Salvador and Rayver Cruz: A Team-Up Reunited". ABS-CBN.
- Rachelle Siazon. "Mariel Rodriguez is excited to work with Pokwang again on a new movie". ABS-CBN.
- Napoleon Quintos. "Bangs Garcia is okay with waiting for her next TV project". ABS-CBN.
- 'Cinco' earns P11 Million according to Star Cinema