Cinema of Oman
|Cinema of Oman|
Cinema in Sur
|Gross Box Office (2012)|
The cinema of Oman is very small, there being only one Omani film Al-Boom (2006) as of 2007. Partly inspired by Samuel Beckett's Waiting For Godot, Al-Boom, deals with the challenges facing a small fishing community. There is an annual film festival held in Muscat. A few Bollywood movies have been partly filmed in the country.
Films shot in Oman
- Ajnabee (Indian; 2001)
- Awara Paagal Deewana (Indian; 2002)
- Sachein (Indian; 2005)
- Deepavali (Indian; 2007)
- Fool N Final (Indian; 2007)
- Singam (Indian; 2010)
- Piate's Blood (Hollywood) (2010)Not Released
- Killer Elite (2011)
- Once Upon a Time In Mumbai Again (Indian; 2013)
- "International Box Office: 13 Hot Emerging Markets". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 9 November 2013.
- Oman Film Society official site
- The Hindu article about Indian-Omani film links
- Article about the prospects for Oman's film industry
- Gulf News article on 'Al-Boom'
- Small article on 'Al-Boom'
- Interview with Khaled Abdul Raheem Al-Zadjali
- IMDB entry for Oman