Ciner Media Group
|Key people||Turgay Ciner|
Ciner Media Group (Ciner Medya Grubu) is a Turkish media conglomerate established in 2007, part of the Ciner Holding conglomerate. Among other properties it owns the Habertürk newspaper, Habertürk TV and Habertürk Radyo, and the television stations Show TV, Show Türk and Showmax. It co-owns the television station Bloomberg HT. It also publishes a range of magazines, including Turkish editions of international magazines such as FHM.
From 2005 to 2007 it owned Sabah; the newspaper was seized by the government's TMSF. From 2005 to 2007 it owned the ATV television station. It had previously operated both under license from Dinç Bilgin's Medya Group.
- Turkey's War on the Press, Asli Aydintasbas, The Wall Street Journal, September 18, 2009
- Hurriyet Daily News, 26 June 2007, TMSF acquires Ciner Group shares
- Hurriyet Daily News, 5 May 2005, Ciner's Merkez Group acquires ATV and Sabah
- Hurriyet Daily News, 16 November 2007, Ciner group acquires Habertürk
- Hurriyet Daily News, 1 June 2013, Ciner group acquires seized broadcaster Show TV