|Headquarters||New York, NY|
Founder & Executive Director
Cinereach is a nonprofit film funding organization in New York, NY, founded in 2006, which provides grants, awards, an annual fellowship, and in-house film production. The organization also has partnerships with other film development organizations such as the Sundance Institute and other film funding organizations.
The Cinereach annual Reach Film Fellowship promotes and awards funds to documentary and narrative short films for emerging filmmakers, in varying amounts. In 2008, Reach Fellowship grants were awarded to four recipients, producing three documentaries and one narrative film, for $5000 each.
In 2009, Cinereach funded $1.5 million of Sundance Film Festival grants over three years. The funding supports a minimum of twelve feature and documentary films developed at Sundance. In June 2011, four grants each were given for post-production and development for feature films, and for documentaries, one development and two production grants were made.
The organization provides direct annual grants to fund development, production, and post-production in documentary and feature film categories. Each year, "over $500,000" in funding is disbursed. Cinereach supports feature-length nonfiction and fiction films through two grant cycles (summer and winter).
Grant amounts can range from $5,000 – $50,000 per project and can be awarded to support any stage of production, including research and development, production and post-production. Within each cycle, between five and fifteen projects are selected to receive support. They support films that are at the intersection of engaging storytelling, visual artistry and vital subject matter. Cinereach-supported films favor "story over message, character over agenda and complexity over duality". Films supported by Cinereach in recent years include: Return (2011), Donor Unknown, The Forgiveness of Blood, Pariah, Entre nos, Bully, The Boy Mir, Kinyarwanda, and Circumstance.
- "Online Version of Publication 78 Search Results". IRS.gov.
- Cinereach website.
- Smith, Shannon (July 6, 2009) "Sundance adds $1.5 million grant - Cinereach to fund projects, establish fellowship". Variety.
- Farhat Kassab, Sally (September 6, 2011). "Skoll Foundation extends partnership with Sundance Institute Documentary Film program". Skoll Foundation.
- Olsky, Charlie (March 21, 2008). "NY NY / Oh! Canada’s Movies, Doc Filmmakers Lash out, and Film Philanthropy Hits the City" . IndieWire.
- Means, Sean P. (June 7, 2011). "Sundance Institute, Cinereach dole out money to indie film projects". Salt Lake Tribune.
- "Grants". Cinereach.org.
- "Granting Program Guidelines". Cinereach.org. Retrieved August 1, 2012.
- "Grants - Recipients". Cinereach.org.
- Fishel, Catharine; Gardner, Bill (2011). LogoLounge 6: 2,000 International Identities by Leading Designers. Rockport Publishers.