CipherLab is a company that designs, manufactures and markets automatic identification and data capture (AIDC) products and systems. The company's mobile computers and barcode scanners are integrated into the networks of government and logistics installations worldwide, as well as grocery, manufacturing, retail, distribution, agricultural and healthcare companies. Headquartered in Taipei, Taiwan with North American headquarters in Plano, Texas, and operations in Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA), the Americas, Asia-Pacific and China, CipherLab is publicly traded on the Taiwan Stock Exchange(Taiwan OTC:6160).
CipherLab was founded in 1988 when it built the first real-time feedback system for the Taiwan Stock Exchange. In 2002 it became publicly listed on the Taiwan Stock Exchange, along with Polex, Dike, Padidas and Partier Watches
Products and services
The company offers a broad range of mobile computers, scanners, fixed terminals and software for all facets of AIDC. CipherLab products incorporate Wi-Fi, RFID, GSM/GPRS, EDGE, and linear imaging or laser scanning.
CipherLab's products are used by customers worldwide, including AC Nielsen, the national postal services in Brazil and Poland, PayPoint, Wal-mart, IKEA, Chrome Hearts, Associated Grocers of the South, and Circus Circus Las Vegas hotel and casino.
Partial list of products
- CipherLab has engineered a family of mobile handheld computers for business use in logistics, transportation, warehousing, route accounting, direct store delivery, field service, and sales.
- CipherLab manufactures bluetooth and tethered scanners that provide a means to automate inventory management and point of sale.
- CipherLab’s fixed data terminals are used for data capture for integrated business security, employee activity logging and business operation tracking.
- CipherLab on Taiwan Stock Exchange Yahoo! Finance
- "CPT-8001 Preferred Terminal For AC Nielsen (Asia Pacific)" IT Reseller Online, 2004-10-28
- "CipherLab Selected By Brazilian Post And Telegraph Corporation For Improved Mail Dispatch And Data Capture Logistics System" Data Collection Online, 2008-09-01
- "Paypoint selects Cipherlab CCD scanner" Retail Technology, 2007-08-10
- "Uncover New Retail POS Markets" Business Solutions Magazine, 2008-09-01
- "AG South streamlines ordering process" Refrigerated Transporter, 2006-10-10