Circle of Palms Plaza
|Part of a series on the|
|History of California|
The Circle of Palms Plaza is located in downtown San Jose, California. It is the location of California Historical Marker 461, the site of California's first state capital from 1849-1851. Today a ring of palm trees encircles a California State Seal at the historical marker, between the Fairmont San Jose Hotel, the Knight-Ridder building (Silicon Valley Financial Center) and the San Jose Museum of Art.
The Circle of Palms as well as adjacent Plaza de César Chávez park are reservable as event venues. The Circle of Palms can host events as large as 2000 standing or 1000 seated. Each Winter, the San Jose Downtown Association sets up an outdoor ice rink called "San Jose Downtown Ice" at the Circle of Palms.
See also 
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Circle of Palms Plaza|
- History of San Jose, California
- List of California Historical Landmarks
- The Tech Museum of Innovation
- "Santa Clara". California State Parks, Office of Historic Preservation. Retrieved 2008-04-23.
- "First State Capitol Building". HMDB.org, the Historical Marker Database. 2007-11-17. Retrieved 2008-04-23.
- "Site Chart, City-owned Site election". City of San Jose, Office of Cultural Affairs. 2007-11-01. Retrieved 2008-04-23.
- "San Jose Downtown Ice". San Jose Downtown Association. Archived from the original on 2008-04-18. Retrieved 2008-04-23.
Photo gallery 
- Scenes of San Jose: Circle of Palms, photo by Dana Grover