Circular Line (Taipei Metro)
|Locale||Taipei and New Taipei,
Republic of China (Taiwan)
|Operator(s)||Taipei Rapid Transit System|
|Character||Elevated and underground|
|Depot(s)||North Depot, South Depot|
|Rolling stock||Ansaldo STS|
|Line length||35.2 km (21.9 mi)|
|No. of tracks||2|
|Track gauge||6 ft 2 in (1,880 mm)|
|Circular Line (Taipei Metro)|
The Taipei Metro Circular Line (Chinese: 環狀線) is an elevated, medium-capacity rapid transit in Taipei and New Taipei City, Taiwan. It is currently under construction with the first section scheduled to open in 2015. Stage I construction consists of the section from Wugu Industrial District to Dapinglin on the Xindian Line and will be about 15.4 km (9.6 mi) long with 14 stations.
The north and south sections of the Circle Line are considered separate projects and will be proposed to the Ministry of Transportation and Communications.
Ansaldo STS will supply electromechanical equipment for the line, including driverless technology and CBTC Radio signalling. Dapinglin Station, the only underground station on the line, is being constructed by RSEA Engineering Corporation and will employ the cut-and-cover method.
Construction officially broke ground on July 11, 2011 on a 6.3 km (3.9 mi) elevated section between Zhonghe and Banqiao. The section is estimated to cost NT$13.7 billion, with the entire first-stage 15.4 km (9.6 mi) route estimated to cost NT$54.7 billion to construct.
|Y28||National Palace Museum||故宮博物院||Shilin|
|Y25||Shilin District Office||士林區公所|
|Y23||Wuhua Elementary School||五華國小||Sanchong||New Taipei|
|Y21||St. Ignatius High School||徐匯中學||Luzhou|
|Y19A||Taipei County Exhibition Hall||工商展覽中心|
|Y19||New Taipei Industrial Park||新北產業園區||Xinzhuang|
|Y5||Far East Industrial Park||遠東工業區|
|Y2||Muzha Elementary School||木柵國小|
|Y2A||National Chengchi University||政大|
MTC Bus (大都會客運) Route map
- "Second Stage of Taipei MRT (Approved MRT Line)". Comprehensive Planning Division. 2009-07-04. Retrieved 2009-08-14.[dead link]
- "Taipei Circular Line kicks off". Railway Gazette. 2009-03-17. Retrieved 2010-02-07.[dead link]
- "Part of Circular Line Phase I Construction Successfully Awarded and Main Construction to be Launched". Department of Rapid Transit Systems. 2009-12-23. Retrieved 2010-02-22.
- "Construction on 1st-Stage Ring Section of Taipei MRT Breaks Ground". China Economic News Service. 2011-07-12. Retrieved 2011-07-14.
- "Construction of the Circular Line Launched". Department of Rapid Transit Systems. 2011-06-01. Retrieved 2011-07-22.
- "環狀線CF650標高架段開工了". Department of Rapid Transit Systems. 2011-05-01. Retrieved 2011-07-25.
|This Taiwanese rapid transit article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|