Circular Quay ferry wharf
|Address||Alfred Street, Sydney central business district|
|Platforms||5 wharves (10 berths)|
|Owned by||Sydney Ferries|
|Operator||Harbour City Ferries|
|Fare zone||MyFerry 1|
The Circular Quay complex comprises of five double sided wharves at 90 degrees to the shoreline, numbered 2 to 6. Wharves 2 to 5 are used exclusively by Sydney Ferries, while wharf 6 is used by operators including Captain Cook Cruises and Manly Fast Ferries. Each wharf has ticket selling facilities on both sides of the barriers as most other wharves do not have such facilities.
On the eastern side alongside Bennelong Apartments, is a pontoon used by charter operators. On the western side, lie the Harbour Master Steps that are used by charter operators and water taxis.
When the Port Jackson & Manly Steamship Company introduced hydrofoils to the Manly service in the mid-1960s, a pontoon was attached to the eastern side of wharf 2 to allow the hydrofoils to berth without their foils fouling the wharf. This was removed when the hydrofoils were replaced by JetCats in 1991.
Wharf 3 is exclusively used by ferries on the Manly service. When the Freshwater class ferries were introduced in the 1980s, the wharf was rebuilt to accommodate their onboard gangways. It has a mezzanine level allowing ferries to disembark passengers from their upper decks. It also houses an office for Harbour City Ferries. To better accommodate the larger ferries, wharf 3 is built higher from the water and this combined with differently configured Opal card readers, means only Manly ferries can use the wharf.
Wharves 2, 4 and 5 are used interchangeably by Sydney Ferries.
|6||Lane Cove River|||
|Manly Fast Ferry||
Public transport interchange
(away from City)
|terminus||Taronga Zoo Ferry||Taronga Zoo|
|terminus||Eastern Suburbs Ferry||Garden Island|
|terminus||Mosman Ferry||Cremorne Point|
|terminus||Neutral Bay Ferry||Kirribilli|
|terminus||Darling Harbour Ferry||Milsons Point|
- Mosman Bay & Taronga Zoo timetable Sydney Ferries 20 October 2013
- Manly ferry timetable Sydney Ferries 20 October 2013
- Neutral Bay ferry timetable Sydney Ferries 20 October 2013
- Eastern Suburbs ferry timetable Sydney Ferries 20 October 2013
- Parramatta River timetable Sydney Ferries 20 October 2013
- Darling Harbour ferry timetable Sydney Ferries 20 October 2013
- Lane Cove Ferry Timetable Captain Cook Cruises 18 September 2014
- Harbour Explorer Captain Cook Cruises 8 April 2015
- Timetable Manly Fast Ferry 1 April 2015
Media related to Circular Quay ferry wharf at Wikimedia Commons