|Industry||Publishing, Regulatory compliance, and Software|
|Founded||Scottsdale, Arizona (1990)|
|Key people||Randal Meske (President)|
|Products||CyberRegs, citation platform, FederalRegister.com, software, CyberRegs, Applicability Review Tool|
Citation Technologies Inc is a regulatory compliance software company. Headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona, its flagship products are CyberRegs and the citation platform. It is a privately owned company founded in 1990.
The company was originally founded to focus on regulatory compliance solutions for the environmental, health and safety professional. The original regulatory document solution was delivered on floppy disk drives and then evolved into a web-based portal called CyberRegs. The first portal included Federal, State and some International environmental, health and safety regulations.
The company has evolved from that single portal to a multi-portal and software company. Top standards development organizations such as AECOM, ASTM, ANSI, IAPMO and the International Code Council (ICC) are using Citation Technologies to develop intellectual property and document management solutions using the citation platform.
Citation Technologies holds multiple patents for their citation platform and its functionality.
Notable company events
- On June 8, 2009, Theodore (Ted) Polakowski, formerly Director of HSSE at BP, joined Citation Technologies as Vice President to run EMIS business development and partnership strategy.
- ANSI announced a product and services agreement with Citation Technologies to deliver all ISO Standards on a web-based platform. Through the ANSI-Citation partnership, 17,765 International Standards developed by more than 3,000 ISO technical bodies will be made available on the citation platform, providing users with powerful search tools and collaboration, notification, and change-management functionality.
- In July 2009, IAPMO published all of its codes on a Citation Technologies portal. The portal ensures codes are automatically updated whenever changes occur. UPC and UMC enforcers, design professionals, and contractors can obtain the codes, standards, and regulations necessary to competently use, apply, and/or enforce Uniform Plumbing and Uniform Mechanical Codes.
- On September 9, 2009, Citation Technologies created a single, centralized database for medical device standards. This is a joint effort by AAMI, ANSI, ASTM, and DIN.
- In June 2010, Citation launched the Compliance Continuum, a web-based software suite that includes the Applicability Review Tool (ART). The product is designed to assist facilities in determining which regulations apply to their site for more than 65 countries around the world.
- On June 21, 2010, Citation also announced the release of a web portal devoted to understanding the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's New Source Review process.
- "Business Week". Investing.businessweek.com. Retrieved November 6, 2011.
- "CyberRegs". CyberRegs. Retrieved November 6, 2011.
- "IHS". Engineers.ihs.com. Retrieved November 6, 2011.
- "AECOM". Ensr.aecom.com. February 18, 2010. Retrieved November 6, 2011.
- "ASTM". Findarticles.com. March 3, 2008. Retrieved November 6, 2011.
- "ANSI and Citation Technologies Partnership". Iso14000.ansi.org. Retrieved November 6, 2011.
- "IAPMO news" (PDF). Retrieved November 6, 2011.
- ICC News[dead link]
- "Citation patent". Faqs.org. October 16, 2008. Retrieved November 6, 2011.
- "FederalRegister.com". FederalRegister.com. Retrieved November 6, 2011.
- "Ted Polakowski". Prweb.com. June 17, 2009. Retrieved November 6, 2011.
- "ASTM Web Portals offer access to standards collections". ThomasNet News. July 1, 2009. Retrieved August 14, 2011.
- "ANSI Press Release 07.23.09". Ansi.org. July 23, 2009. Retrieved November 6, 2011.
- "IAPMO 31 July 2009 Press Release" (PDF). Retrieved November 6, 2011.
- "Medical Device Standards Database Press Release 09/09/09". Astmnewsroom.org. Retrieved November 6, 2011.
- "Companies Can Now Identify Applicable U.S. Government Regulations and Comply Using Citation’s Compliance Continuum". Business Wire. June 1, 2010. Retrieved November 6, 2011.
- "NSR Online Plus gives access to thousands of EPA NSR-related documents". Citationtechnologies.com. June 21, 2010. Retrieved November 6, 2011.