|Type||Public (NASDAQ: CTRN)|
|Number of locations||511 (January 2012)|
Citi Trends is an American retail clothing chain.
The company opened its first store in Savannah, Georgia in 1958 under the name Allied Department Stores. The company began renaming its stores Citi Trends in 2000, and officially became Citi Trends in 2001.
Citi Trends comprises more than 513 stores in 29 states. The chain is known for targeting urban, lower-income customers. Citi Trends has been in the apparel business for over 58 years. On the date of May 2005, Citi Trends had become a publicly traded company on the Nasdaq exchange with the symbol CTRN. The headquarters of Citi Trends is located in Pooler, Georgia. There is also a distribution center in Darlington, South Carolina along with one in Roland, Oklahoma. On February 28, 2005, Citi Trends Inc. went public in an initial public offering of stock worth up to $57.5 million.
Citi Trends carries the following brands at the average sale of 60% off of mall prices:
- Apple Bottoms
- Baby Phat
- Ed Hardy
- Citi Trends Announces First Quarter 2011 Results
- "History". Citi Trends. Retrieved 29 January 2011.
- "Analysis of Citi Trends". M2 Presswire. 8 February 2007. Retrieved 29 January 2011.
- Lee, Louise (30 October 2006). "The Secrets to Inner-City Success". Bloomberg Business Week. Retrieved 29 January 2011.
- "Citi Trends". Citi Trends. Retrieved 12 January 2013.
- "Urban-clothing company Citi Trends plans $57.5 million IPO".
|This United States retail business article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|