Cities XL 2012
|Cities XL 2012|
|Developer(s)||Focus Home Interactive|
|Publisher(s)||Focus Home Interactive|
|Release date(s)||October 20, 2011|
Cities XL 2012 is a city simulator developed by Focus Home Interactive. Cities XL 2012 is the third game in the Cities XL franchise. The game focuses on a single-player mode, and was released on October 20, 2011. New features include new structures, new maps and a starter guide; additionally, the game has been opened to modding and allows you to share your mods. It will be fully compatible with Cities XL 2011 version with a discounted upgrade available. An expansion pack is being released simultaneously.
The game was officially announced by Focus Home Interactive on July 13, 2011. Cities XL first released on October 8–9, 2009, with the following Cities XL 2011 released on October 14, 2010, then Cities XL 2012 on October 20, 2011. The game was developed by Focus Home Interactive and originally published by Monte Cristo.
The biggest weakness of the game is the single core support from the old gaming engine and the poor memory management that slowed the game down in large cities. The fan base has demanded a recompilation of the source code for years.
- [dead link] Cities Xl 2012, Release Date
- "PEGI database search". Interactive Software Federation of Europe. Retrieved 2011-10-11.
- "Classification Database - Cities XL 2012". Australian Classification. Australian Government. 28 September 2011. Retrieved 20 October 2013.
- "CitiesXL 2012 for PC". Retrieved 2011-10-11.[dead link]
- "Cities XL 2012 unveiled with images!". Cities XL Official Website. 13 July 2011. Retrieved 11 October 2011.
- "Cities XL Download Center". Cities XL Official Website. Retrieved 11 October 2011.
- "Cities XL 2012 for PC Reviews, Ratings, Credits, and More". Metacritic. Retrieved 2013-02-05.