Cities in Motion
|Cities in Motion|
|Series||Cities in Motion|
|Distribution||Optical disc, download|
Cities in Motion is a business simulation game developed by Colossal Order and published by Paradox Interactive. It was released for Microsoft Windows on February 23, 2011, with OS X and Linux ports coming at later dates. The goal of the game is to implement and improve a public transport system in 4 European cities - Amsterdam, Berlin, Helsinki and Vienna. This can be achieved by building lines for metro trains, trams, boats, buses and helicopters.
On April 5, 2011 Paradox Interactive released the DLC Cities in Motion: Design Classics, followed on May 20, 2011 by Cities in Motion: Design Marvels, featuring five new vehicles in each release. A third DLC, Cities in Motion: Design Now, was released on 14 June 2011, and included 5 new vehicles for each method of transportation. Cities in Motion: Metro Stations was released on 14 June 2011 featuring 2 new metro stations.
On May 19, 2011 Paradox Interactive announced Cities in Motion: Tokyo, an expansion containing a new city, Tokyo, and campaign, new vehicles and the introduction of the Monorail to the game. Tokyo was released on 31 May 2011. A second expansion, German Cities, was released on 14 September 2011. It contained 2 new cities, Cologne and Leipzig. A poll on the game's Facebook page made the city of Munich a free download for all users in addition to the expansion pack. During their Holiday Teaser, Paradox Interactive released a photo of the statue of liberty with the title Cities in Motion. U.S. Cities was soon revealed in a press conference in January 2012. The game was released 17 January 2012, featuring New York and San Francisco as the two new cities. In addition, 5 new vehicles and 2 new methods of transportation were added to the game, making it the largest expansion yet.
On November 20, 2012, the London DLC was released.
A port of Cities in Motion to Linux was announced by Paradox Interactive in 2013, with it eventually arriving via Steam on January 9, 2014.
- Paradox Interactive (February 12, 2010). "Cities in Motion". paradoxplaza.com. Retrieved 2010-02-12.
- Paradox Interactive (February 12, 2010). "Paradox Interactive Twitter Feed". twitter.com. Retrieved 2010-02-12.
- GamersGate AB (February 12, 2010). "Cities in Motion Release: 22nd Feb". GamersGate AB. Retrieved 2010-02-12.
- Paradox Interactive (April 5, 2011). "Design Classics DLC Vehicle Pack". Paradox Interactive. Retrieved 2011-05-03.
- Paradox Interactive (April 26, 2011). "Design Marvels DLC Vehicle Pack". Paradox Interactive. Retrieved 2011-05-03.
- GamersGate AB (May 20, 2011). "Design Now DLC Vehicle Pack". GamersGate AB. Retrieved 2011-05-20.
- Paradox Interactive (May 19, 2011). "Cities in Motion & Magicka head to Japan!". Paradox Interactive. Retrieved 2011-05-20.
- Paradox Interactive (May 20, 2011). "Cities in Motion releases on Mac today!". Paradox Interactive. Retrieved 2011-05-23.
- Paradox Interactive (November 20, 2012). "Paradox Interactive releases London DLC!". Paradox Interactive. Retrieved 2012-11-20.
- Paradox Interactive (August 14, 2012). "Paradox Interactive Unveils Cities in Motion 2". Paradox Interactive. Retrieved 2012-08-15.