Citrus Park, Florida
|Citrus Park, Florida|
Location in Hillsborough County and the state of Florida
|• Total||10.9 sq mi (28.2 km2)|
|• Land||10.6 sq mi (27.4 km2)|
|• Water||0.3 sq mi (0.8 km2)|
|Elevation||43 ft (13 m)|
|• Density||1,855.6/sq mi (717.2/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||0280469|
According to the United States Census Bureau, the community has a total area of 10.9 square miles (28 km2), of which, 10.6 square miles (27 km2) of it is land and 0.3 square miles (0.78 km2) of it (2.94%) is water.
High schools (grades 9-12) serving Citrus Park are Sickles, Steinbrenner (Public), Alonso (Public), Citrus Park Christian School (Private-Baptist) and Hope Christian School(Private-Baptist).
Middle Schools (grades 6-8) serving Citrus Park are Sgt. Smith (Public), Walker (Public), Tampa Day School (private-Nonsectarian), Citrus Park Christian School (Private-Baptist) and Hope Christian School(Private-Boarding-Baptist).
Elementary Schools (grades k-5) serving Citrus Park are Citrus Park, Northwest, Bellamy,Tampa Day School (private-Nonsectarian), Citrus Park Christian School (Private-Baptist) and Hope Christian School(Private-Boarding-Baptist).
As of the census bureau's American Community Surveys of 2006-2008, there were 23,825 people, 9,085 households, and 6,243 families residing in the community. The population density was 2,247.6 people per square mile (738.8/km²). There were 9,740 housing units at an average density of 719.5/sq mi (277.9/km²). The racial makeup of the community was 82.6% White( 56.1% non-Hispanic white), 9.2% African American, 0.4% Native American, 1.4% Asian, less than 0.05% Pacific Islander, 4.8% from other races, and 1.6% from two or more races. Hispanics or Latinos were 31.3% of the population.
There were 9,085 households out of which 33.4% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 48.3% were married couples living together, 16.2% had a female householder with no husband present, and 31.3% were non-families. 23.5% of all households were made up of individuals and 6.3% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.62 and the average family size was 3.16.
In the community the population was spread out with 26.8% under the age of 18, 6.8% from 18 to 24, 26.9% from 25 to 44, 29.5% from 45 to 64, and 9.3% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 38 years. For every 100 females there were 96.6 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 93.5 males.
The median income for a household in the community was $54,732, and the median income for a family was $60,165. Males had a median income of $35,360 versus $29,739 for females. The per capita income for the community was $22,162. About 4.7% of families and 6.3% of the population were below the poverty line, including 7.1% of those under age 18 and 13.7% of those age 65 or over.
- Big Cat Rescue is a non-profit sanctuary for large cats that is open to the public. It is located off Citrus Park Drive near Gunn Highway and Veterans Expressway.
- Westfield Citrus Park is a major shopping center opened in 1999.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Florida Trend Report 2: State and Complete Places (Sub-state 2010 Census Data). Missouri Census Data Center. Accessed 2011-04-07.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "CENSUS OF POPULATION AND HOUSING (1790-2000)". U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved 2010-07-17.