City Under Siege (film)
|City Under Siege|
|Directed by||Benny Chan|
|Produced by||Alvin Lam|
|Music by||Anthony Chue|
Chan Kwok Hung
|Edited by||Benny Chan
Chan Sing Yan
Beijing Enlight Pictures Limited
Shanxi Film Studio
Shenzhen Film Studio
Guangzhou City Ying Ming Culture Communication
|Distributed by||Universe Films Distribution|
|Running time||110 minutes|
|Budget||$10 million USD|
City Under Siege (simplified Chinese: 全城戒备; traditional Chinese: 全城戒備) is a 2010 Hong Kong science fiction action film directed and co-written by Benny Chan. The film follows a group of circus performers who goes on a rampage after an accidental exposure to chemical gas left by the Japanese army in World War II, granting them superhuman abilities.
Sunny is the orphaned child of a former knife throwing master. After his father's death, he is taken in by his uncle, who allows him to perform as a clown, since he did not inherit his father's knife throwing skills. Sunny still wants to be a knife thrower, though. He is tormented by his cousins, who are all performers in his uncle's troupe.
One day, Sunny overhears a plan the rest of the troupe a making to explore a cave, rumored to be filled with gold. Instead of killing Sunny, they use him as the point man for their expedition. They find crates filled with capsules and force Sunny to open them. Inside the first are numerous plates of gold. They then try to kill Sunny, and continue opening the rest of the capsules, which end up containing experimental gas which transforms them into superhuman monsters.
- Aaron Kwok as Sunny, an ordinary circus clown who was accidentally exposed to chemical gas turns into a mutant with superhuman abilities.
- Shu Qi as Angel 
- Collin Chou as Zhang Dachu 
- Wu Jing as Sun Hao.
- Zhang Jingchu as Xiuhua.
The film was released in Hong Kong on 12 August 2010.
- "'City under Siege' Throws out First Trailer". China Radio International. 2010-07-05. Retrieved 2010-07-07.
- "Filming Gets Underway for City on Alert". Wujing.org. 2009-06-07. Retrieved 2010-07-07.
- "Stills of Aaron Kwok's Thrilling Appearance in "City Under Siege" Released". China Radio International. 2009-06-21. Retrieved 2010-07-07.
- "Who Could've Put An Entire City Under Siege and Who Could Liberate It?". Wujing.org. 2009-06-25. Retrieved 2010-07-07.
- "Alert: Photos of City Under Siege". Wujing.org. 2010-05-30. Retrieved 2010-07-07.
- "全城戒備 City Under Siege" (in Chinese). HKHeadline. Retrieved 2010-07-07.
- City Under Siege at the Internet Movie Database
- City Under Siege at the Hong Kong Movie DataBase
- City Under Siege at the Hong Kong Cinemagic
|This Hong Kong film-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|