City University, Bangladesh
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (January 2008)|
|Motto||.......creating a culture of excellence|
|Chancellor||President Abdul Hamid|
|Vice-Chancellor||Professor Dr. NRM Borhan Uddin|
|Affiliations||University Grants Commission, Bangladesh|
City University (Bengali: সিটি ইউনিভার্সিটি) or CU is one of the leading private university in Panthapath, Dhaka, Bangladesh. It was established in 2002. It previous campus was in Banani,Dhaka,Bangladesh. The campus has shifted at 1st November 2014 in Panthapath near Bashundhara City. The language of instruction is English, The University offers undergraduate and master's degrees in the fields of Business Administration, Computer Science & Engineering, Textile Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Law, English, etc. The faculty members are highly qualified and well educated from various universities of Bangladesh & abroad.
City University started its permanent campus in 2011 at Ashulia Savar Dhaka with a huge area of land, multi-level building and various facilities.City University got the Permanent Certificate(Permanent Sanad) from Ministry of Education, Government of the people's Republic of Bangladesh on October 23,2013.
Motto: "Creating a culture of excellence"
- Four computer laboratories.
- Digital laboratory.
- Physics and chemistry laboratories.
- An extensive Textile laboratory.
- Rich Library.
- Highly qualified faculty members from the country and abroad.
- Scholarship for meritorious students.
- Hostel facilities for both male and female students.
- On-Campus Job facilities.
- well occupied and air conditioned class room.
- Prayer room,common room,cafeteria.
- On campus healthcare services by qualified doctor.
- Beautiful campus with huge land,covered with natural beauty and multilevel building.
- Play ground for cricket,football etc.
The library is the backbone of the research and development activities of City University. It is an integral part of the university and designed to meet the information, research, and curriculum needs of its students, faculty and staff members. It has comprehensive collections to meet the needs of its users. The library provides services designed to support students, faculty members, researchers, and staff members. All members are encouraged to examine, consult, borrow and browse through any book, journal, printed/non-printed materials, on-line resources, and receive other services of the library.
Professionally trained personnel are responsible for the care of library and its contents, including the selection, processing, and organization of materials and the delivery of information, instructions, and loan services to meet the needs of its users.
- Spring: January–April
- Summer: May–August
- Fall: September–December
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science & Engineering (CSE)
- Bachelor of Science in Textile Engineering (BSTE)
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical and Electronics Engineering (EEE)
- Bachelor of science in Civil Engineering (CE)(proposed)
- bachelor of Pharmacy (proposed)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
- Bachelor of Arts in English
- L.L.B (HONS)
- L.L.B (pass)
- Bachelor Social science
- Bachelor of Nursing
- MBA REGULAR
- Executive MBA
- MA in English
In addition to academic work, opportunities for co-curricular and extracurricular activities abound for students — the objective being to help students to develop all-rounded personalities. The university has a range of students clubs to promote activities in different areas.
The university publishes two journals Alok Bicchuron and AloKon.
- Textile Club: CUTC
- Computer Club: CUCC
- Programming Club: CUPC
- Language Club
- Sports Club
- Tourist Club: CUTC
- Debating Club
- Magazine Club
- Spandon Club: SCCU
- Adda Club: CUAC