City and Hackney Mind
Registered Charity No. 283329 - Limited Company No. 1589150
City and Hackney Mind is both the leading provider of voluntary sector mental health services in the City and Hackney, and one of the largest Local Mind Associations. They are a registered charity and rely on voluntary donations to enable them to deliver services.
They have over 60 employees and over 40 volunteers who work across four premises to provide services to the community.
Psychological Therapies and Wellbeing Services
- The Counselling Programme
- Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Befriending Service
- Carers Wellbeing Service
- Welfare Rights and Advice
Education and Employment
- Integrated IT and Basic Skills Training Programmes
- Employment Service
- E.S.O.L Training Programme
- Employment Rehabilitation Service
- Work Placements/Job Trials
- Voluntary Work Placements
- Book Club
- Get Walking Keep Walking Therapy Group
Advocacy and Advice Department
- Appropriate Adults Scheme
- Advocacy Service
Housing and Community Services
- Supported Housing - Alexandra Road and Whiston Road
- Day Care Drop in for excluded groups - I.R.I.E Mind
- Vietnamese Mental Health Drop In Service
- Service User Group Drop In
To challenge all forms of discrimination, including those based on gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, age, class, HIV/AIDS status, psychiatric diagnosis and involvement with or by psychiatric services.
To promote positive mental health and improve knowledge of mental health issues in the community
To promote good practice in mental health services and to be recognised within the community as a centre of excellence in the promotion and provision of such services.
To encourage and promote the participation of service users and ex-users in the planning, implementation and review of mental health services.
To develop alternative models of service based on individual needs.
To challenge the fear, intolerance and stigma associated with mental health difficulties and to campaign for additional resources to be committed to community care services.
To identify and highlight where there are gaps in services and to seek to ensure that services are developed to address those gaps.
To work in partnership with other organisations and individuals in planning and delivery of mental health services.
To provide a range of services that are user focussed, are of high quality and accessible and are constantly being evaluated for their effectiveness.
To promote good employment practice throughout the organisation and to be recognised as an employer of choice within the community.
To promote equal opportunities in service provision and employment.
- City and Hackney Mind on Pepandlove
- City and Hackney Association for Mental Health CHAMH Ltd, Registered Charity no. 283329 at the Charity Commission
|This London-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a philanthropic or charitable organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|