City of Prahran
|City of Prahran
Location in Melbourne
Prahran Town Hall
|• Density||4,419/km2 (11,445/sq mi)|
|Area||9.55 km2 (3.7 sq mi)|
The City of Prahran was a local government area about 5 kilometres (3 mi) southeast of Melbourne, the state capital of Victoria, Australia. The city covered an area of 9.55 square kilometres (3.69 sq mi), and existed from 1855 until 1994.
The City of Prahran was subdivided into four wards on 2 December 1887, each electing three councillors:
- Prahran Ward
- South Yarra Ward
- Toorak Ward
- Windsor Ward
- Armadale (shared with the City of Malvern)
- Melbourne (Domain district)
- South Yarra
- Toorak (shared with the City of Malvern)
* Estimate in the 1958 Victorian Year Book.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics, Victoria Office (1994). Victorian Year Book. p. 49. ISSN 0067-1223.
- Victorian Municipal Directory. Brunswick: Arnall & Jackson. 1992. pp. 455–456. Accessed at State Library of Victoria, La Trobe Reading Room.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (1 August 1995). Victorian local government amalgamations 1994-1995: Changes to the Australian Standard Geographical Classification. Commonwealth of Australia. p. 11. ISBN 0-642-23117-6. Retrieved 2007-12-16.