Cityplace/Uptown (DART station)
DART light rail station
The inbound platform.
|Address||2711 North Haskell Avenue, Dallas, Texas 75204|
|Connections||DART Routes 36, 51, 409, and M-Line Streetcar|
|Opened||December 18, 2000|
|Owned by||Dallas Area Rapid Transit|
Cityplace/Uptown (formerly Cityplace) is a DART Light Rail station located in the Cityplace district of Oak Lawn Dallas, Texas (USA) beneath North Central Expressway (US 75) at Haskell Avenue. As an infill DART station, it opened on December 18, 2000 as the first public light rail station in the Southwest (the Tandy Center Subway in Fort Worth was a privately owned light rail).
The station is tri-level in design, reaching depths of 120 feet beneath North Central Expressway. The south end of the platforms are reached from the surface via 213-steps, three pairs of escalators or elevators (3 traditional and 2 inclined elevators). The station is shared between the Red, Orange, and Blue lines. The east entrance is located at the base of Tower at Cityplace, serving that tower and surrounding retail. The west entrance serves West Village, the M-line Streetcar and Uptown area. Original station plans allowed for another set of entrances at the north end of the platforms, which could serve future development north of Haskell Boulevard.
Cityplace remains the only underground station on the DART rail system (the nearby Knox-Henderson Station was deferred after community opposition).
On July 30, 2012; Cityplace Station was renamed as Cityplace/Uptown Station as part of the service changes effective for that date to better reflect new identities created by their evolving neighborhoods or surrounding developments.
- Hartzel, Tony (December 19, 2000). "Cityplace station bustling in debut: Riders praise underground light rail". The Dallas Morning News.
- "DART History: 2000". Dallas Area Rapid Transit. Retrieved December 4, 2010.
- DART Major Service Change - Three Rail Stations Receiving New Names as Part of July Service Changes - Dallas Area Rapid Transit (accessed July 9, 2012)
- Dallas Area Rapid Transit - Cityplace Station
- DART Train departing CityPlace Station
- photo, west surface entrance
- photo, view from inclined elevator