||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (April 2009)|
Logo of Cityplaza
|Location||18 Taikoo Shing Road, Taikoo Shing, Hong Kong|
|Opening date||1982-2000（Phase 1-2）
|Developer||Swire Properties (太古地產)|
|No. of stores and services||170|
|Total retail floor area||1,110,000 sq ft (103,000 m2)|
Cityplaza (Chinese: 太古城中心), located in Taikoo Shing in the Eastern District of Hong Kong Island, is one of the shopping malls operated by Swire Properties (太古地產). Having a total of six floors, the mall is the largest shopping hub on Hong Kong Island. There are also three large commercial buildings, Cityplaza One, Cityplaza Three and Cityplaza Four. A popular ice skating rink, Cityplaza Ice Palace, is located at 1/F Cityplaza.
Cityplaza constantly updates its seasonal decoration, and also has frequent art, sport and other exhibitions in the public space near the MTR station.
History and development
Cityplaza was completed in 1982. As there was no MTR connection yet, double decker buses were used as a free shuttle service when the Island Eastern Corridor expressway (東區走廊) was finished in 1984.
There are six stories in Phase I, with many locations having changed.
After Wing On Department Stores (永安百貨) moved to its current location, the former space was left unoccupied for over three years. Only in 1999 was it leased to Citysuper Log-On, and later fashion store Uniqlo.
Phase II was completed in 1987. As there was a hole in the southwest corner of 2/F (opposite Cafe de Coral), one could see part of Whimsy's mini roller coaster ride, but this was filled after the latter's closing down in 1990. There were also large (outdated) neon advertisements in the middle of Phase II, but these were removed after the big renovation in 2002.
The food court, including Burger King, Oliver's Super Sandwiches, Mario's, Fairwood, were originally situated next to the ice rink. It was closed in 2001 and replaced by the new food court on 3rd floor.
Cityplaza has 1,700,000 sq ft (160,000 m2) of Grade A office space, in Cityplaza One, Three and Four. One Island East, a 68-storey Grade A office building, was completed in March 2008. This new development added another 1,550,000 sq ft (144,000 m2) of office space to the Taikoo Place portfolio of Swire Properties.
- APITA (B1 - G/F)
- Broadway (G/F)
- Gigasports (G/F)
- Global Works (G/F)
- Coach, Inc. (2/F)
- Café de Coral (2/F)
- Fortress (4/F)
- H&M (2/F & 3/F)
- Mannings (4/F)
- Marks & Spencer (1/F & 2/F)
- McDonald's (2/F)
- MUJI (G/F)
- Toys "R" Us (1/F)
- UA Cityplaza Cinemas (5/F)
- UNIQLO (4/F)
- Watson's (2/F)
- Wing On Department Stores (G/F & 1/F)
Located in the 1/F, the shopping mall has the longest running ice skating rink in Hong Kong named "Ice Palace".
MTR Tai Koo Station is accessible directly from the second floor of Cityplaza. The companion escalator running from the MTR station to Cityplaza completed in April 2012. Shoppers can also get to the shopping centre by buses.
- 77- Tin Wan ↔ Shau Kei Wan
- 77X- Wah Kwai Estate → Tai Hong Street
- 85- Siu Sai Wan ↺ Braemar Hill
- 85A- Shau Kei Wan ↺ Braemar Hill (Morning Peak)
- 85A- Aldrich Bay → Braemar Hill (Morning Peak)
- 85A- North Point (Island Place) → Shau Kei Wan (Afternoon Peak)
- 99- South Horizons ↔ Shau Kei Wan
- 99X- South Horizons/ Ap Lei Chau → Tai Hong Street
- A12- Airport (Ground Transportation Centre) ↔ Siu Sai Wan (Island Resort)
- 2- Grand Promenade ↔ Central (Macau Ferry)
- 81- Hing Wah Estate ↔ Lai Tak Tsuen (via Tai Hang)
- 81A- Hing Wah Estate ↔ Lai Tak Tsuen(via Braemar Hill) (Rush Time Service)
- 82- North Point Ferry ↔ Siu Sai Wan (Island Resort)
- 82X- Siu Sai Wan ↺ Quarry Bay
- 85- North Point (Island Place)↔ Siu Sai Wan (Island Resort)
- 720- Grand Promenade ↔ Central (Macau Ferry) (Express)
- 720P- Tai Koo Shing ↔ Central (Gilman Street) (Morning Peak Service)
- 722- Yiu Tung Estate ↺ Central (Exchange Square)
- Cross Harbour Tunnel Bus
- 102- Mei Foo ↔ Shau Kei Wan
- 106- Siu Sai Wan ↔ Wong Tai Sin
- 110- Shau Kei Wan↺Tsim Sha Tsui/ Jordan
- 606- Choi Wan (Fung Shing Street) ↔ Siu Sai Wan (Island Resort)
- 606A- Choi Wan (Fung Shing Street) ↔ Yiu Tung (Morning Peak Service)
- 682- Ma On Shan ↔ Chai Wan (East)
- 682A- Ma On Shan Town Centre → Siu Sai Wan Estate (Morning Peak Service) (No Return Trip Service to Ma On Shan.)
- 682B- Sha Tin → Siu Sai Wan Estate (Morning Peak Service) (No Return Trip Service to Sha Tin.)
- 682P- Ma On Shan/ Wu Kai Sha MTR → Chai Wan (East) (Morning Peak Service) (No Return Trip Service to Ma On Shan.)
- 698R- Siu Sai Wan (Island Resort) ↔ Wong Shek Pier (Holiday Service)
- 802- Sha Tin Racecourse → Siu Sai Wan (Island Resort) (Race Day Service) (No Return Trip Service to Sha Tin.)
- N122- Mei Foo ↔ Shau Kei Wan (Midnight Service)
- 18- Hang Hau (North) ↔ North Point (Pak Fuk Road)
- 32- Kornhill ↔ Shau Kei Wan
- 68- Aldrich Bay ↔ Quarry Bay Tai Koo
- 65A- Quarry Bay ↔ Chai Wan
Nearby shopping malls
- "Cityplaza | Hong Kong Tourism Board". Retrieved 19 May 2015.
- "MALL SERVICES | Cityplaza". Retrieved 2015-05-19.
- "ICE PALACE | Cityplaza". Retrieved 2015-05-19.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Cityplaza.|
- Cityplaza.com (official website)