Civic Center/Grand Park (Los Angeles Metro station)
|Civic Center/Grand Park|
|Address||101 South Hill Street, Downtown Los Angeles|
|Platforms||1 underground center platform|
|Bicycle facilities||6 bike rack spaces
6 locker spaces
|Opened||January 30, 1993|
|Station status||in service|
|Formerly||Civic Center (1993–2013)|
Civic Center/Grand Park, formerly Civic Center, is a heavy-rail subway station in the Los Angeles County Metro Rail system. It is located on Hill Street between 1st and Temple Streets in the Civic Center area of Downtown Los Angeles. The station is officially named Civic Center/Grand Park/Tom Bradley after former Los Angeles mayor Tom Bradley, who had a pivotal role in turning the subway into reality.
Metro Rail service & Metro Liner service
Red and Purple Line service hours are approximately from 5:00 AM until 12:45 AM daily.
Silver Line service hours are approximately from 5:00 AM until 1:00 AM daily.
|1st St/Hill St (Northbound)||← Silver Line toward El Monte Station (Spring/1st)|
|1st St/Hill St (Southbound)||→ Silver Line toward Harbor Gateway Transit Center (Grand/3rd)→|
|Mezzanine||North Mezzanine||Grand Park Exit
Faregates, ticket machines
|South Mezzanine||Hill Street/1st Street Exit
Faregates, ticket machines
|Platform||Westbound||← Red Line toward North Hollywood (Pershing Square)
← Purple Line toward Wilshire/Western (Pershing Square)
|Island platform, doors will open on the left|
|Eastbound||→ Red Line toward Union Station (Terminus) →
→ Purple Line toward Union Station (Terminus) →
The station features a colorful art installation titled I Dreamed I Could Fly, which has six fiberglass persons in flight, intended to be representative of the human spiritual voyage. The installation was designed by Jonathan Borofsky.
- Ahmanson Theatre/Mark Taper Forum
- Cathedral of Our Lady of the Angels
- Dorothy Chandler Pavilion
- Los Angeles City Hall
- Grand Park
- Walt Disney Concert Hall
- Little Tokyo
- Museum of Contemporary Art (MOCA)
- New Otani Hotel and Garden
- Metro services
- Metro Local: 2, 4, 10, 14, 28, 30, 37, 40, 45, 48, 68, 70, 71, 76, 78, 79, 81, 83, 90, 91, 92, 94, 96, 302, 378
- Metro Express: 442*, 487, 489
- Metro Rapid: 728, 733, 745, 770, 794
- Other local and commuter services
- Antelope Valley Transit Authority: 785*
- City of Santa Clarita Transit: 799*
- Foothill Transit: Silver Streak, 493*, 495*, 497*, 498*, 499*, 699*
- LADOT Commuter Express: 409*, 419*, 422*, 423*, 431*, 437*, 438*, 448*, 534*
- LADOT DASH: A, B, D
- Montebello Transit: 341, 342
- Santa Monica Transit: Rapid 10
- Torrance Transit: 4*
Note: * indicates commuter service that operates only during weekday rush hours.
- On the popular television series Alias, the CIA black ops unit Authorized Personnel Only is located behind a maintenance door at Civic Station.