Civic Platform (Russia)
|Leader||Irina Prokhorova (2013-)
Mikhail Prokhorov (2012-2013)
|Founded||4 June 2012|
|Youth wing||Novoye Vremya (Новое время)|
|Colors||Purple, Red and Blue|
|Seats in the State Duma|
|Seats in the Regional Parliaments|
|Politics of Russia
Civic Platform (Russian: Гражданская Платформа, Grazhdanskaya Platforma), is a political party in Russia. The party was formed on June 4, 2012 by Mikhail Prokhorov, one of the richest businessmen in Russia.
The party was formed with 500 members, the minimal number required by law for a party to be registered in Russia.
According to Prokhorov: "The "Civil Platform" is interested in participating in municipal elections in cities with a population of 500,000. In Russia, there are 14 megacities and 23 cities where the population exceeds half a million people. That is where the most enterprising people live, those who form the framework of Russia".
According his words, The party will support the evolutionary development of the country.
Mikhail Prokhorov began to participate in the Russian politics in May 2011 as he was announced that he would join the leadership of the Russian pro-business political party Right Cause. In June, Prokhorov was elected to the leadership of the party at the Right Cause Party Congress in 2011. However, in September, Prokhorov reversed course and resigned from Right Cause, "condemning it as a 'puppet Kremlin party' micromanaged by a 'puppet master' in the president's office ..., Vladislav Y. Surkov".
In December 2011, after the legislative elections, Prokhorov announced that he would contest the 2012 presidential election against Vladimir Putin as an independent candidate, In March 2012 presidential polling, Prokhorov gained 7.94% of the vote, and he promised to create a new party. In his official website he invited its supporters to take part in the selection of names for the party that is going to organize.
Among the proposal names were the "New Russia" Party, Democratic Party of Russia, and Free Russia Party. Finally, in June 2012, Prokhorov announced that the new party carry the name "Civic Platform" Party.
Sergey Andreyev who is the 4th Mayor of Tolyatti is the only representative from the party in the regional high office. Another known political figure was Evgeny Urlashov, Mayor of Yaroslavl, from April 1, 2012 until July 2013, when he was arrested by Investigative Committee of Russia and accused in corruption charges 
- Russian tycoon Prokhorov founds own party, In The Sacramento Bee, by The Associated Press, 4 June 2012
- Prokhorov’s 500 – billionaire announces new party plan, Russia Today, 4 June 2012
- Milionário russo anuncia criação de partido Plataforma Civil, Russian billionaire created the Civic Platform Party, www.dn.pt
- Prokhorov announces creation of his political party, Gazeta.ru, 04/06/2012
- Prokhorov founds Civil Platform party, June 4, 2012
- see Here
- Выбираем название партии let vote the party name, official website, March 22, 2012
- Yevgeny Urlashov, Russian mayor and opposition figure, arrested
- Evgeny Urlashov, Russia Opposition Mayor, Arrested For Alleged Corruption
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Civic Platform (Russia).|