From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Civil Guard (disambiguation))
Civil Guard refers to various policing organisations:
- Civil Guard (Spain): The Spanish gendarmerie
- Civil Guard (Israel): An Israeli volunteer police reserve
Historic Civil Guards now abolished:
- Civil Guard (Costa Rica): fully merged into the Fuerza Pública
- Civil Guard (Peru), formed as main preventive police force of Peru in 1924, later became General Police which in 1988 merged into new National Police
- Civil Guard (Colombia), created in 1902
- Civil Guard (El Salvador), created in 1867, which then gave way to the National Guard (El Salvador) in 1912.
- Civil Guard (Honduras), a militarized police commanded directly by President Ramón Villeda Morales rather than by the chief of the armed forces created in 1957
- Civil Guard (Panama) (abolished)
- Civil Guard (Philippines), a local gendarmerie organized under the auspices of the Spanish colonial authorities including a contingent of indigenous soldiers. Disbanded after the Spanish–American War of 1898, now being reestablished in the city of Ozamiz . In the Intramuros district of Manila, security forces are dressed in guardia civil uniforms .
- Civil Guard (South Vietnam) merged into the South Vietnamese Popular Force and the South Vietnamese Regional Force
- Gwardya Sibil (Philippine resistance network), a civilian underground network operating during World War II to gather intelligence on the activities of the Japanese invaders.
- Suojeluskunta, a Finnish militia for which "Civil Guard" is one of the many English translations.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Civil Guard.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.