|Full name||Cléber Santana Loureiro|
|Date of birth||27 June 1981|
|Place of birth||Olinda, Brazil|
|Height||1.87 m (6 ft 1 1⁄2 in)|
|2008–2009||→ Mallorca (loan)||32||(5)|
|2011||→ Atlético Paranaense (loan)||30||(3)|
|2012||→ Avaí (loan)||24||(9)|
|2012||→ Flamengo (loan)||12||(1)|
|2013||→ Avaí (loan)||6||(1)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 19 February 2013.
† Appearances (Goals).
Born in Olinda, Pernambuco, Santana started professionally with Sport Club do Recife. He then went on to represent in Brazil Esporte Clube Vitória and Santos Futebol Clube, punctuated by a stint with J. League Division 1's Kashiwa Reysol in 2005.
In July 2007 Cléber was signed from Santos by Atlético Madrid, on a three-year contract worth €6 million. Although not an undisputed starter, he still contributed with 23 league games as the Colchoneros returned to the UEFA Champions League after a 12-year hiatus, especially appearing after Maniche's loan departure to Inter Milan in January 2008.
For 2008–09, Santana was loaned to RCD Mallorca. On 9 November 2008 he scored his first goal for the Balearic Islands outfit, in a 3–3 home draw against Athletic Bilbao, and finished the campaign (in which he featured heavily, alongside another player loaned by Atlético, José Manuel Jurado) with five, which also included the winner against already crowned champions FC Barcelona on 17 May 2009, and a solo effort the following week, at Real Madrid (3–1 triumph).
Cléber then returned to Atlético, being used sparingly but managing to net in a 2–2 home draw against UD Almería, on 23 September 2009. In late January of the following year, even though he had renewed his contract until June 2012, he returned to his country, signing with São Paulo FC.
On 21 September 2012 Santana was announced at Clube de Regatas do Flamengo, claiming the team could "not afford to think about relegation" even though it was playing below the general expectations – going on to finish in 11th position. He signed a two-year contract, and the Estádio da Gávea side bought 70% of his rights; two days later he scored on his official debut, against Atlético Goianiense for the Série A.
- Bahia State League: 2004
- São Paulo State League: 2006, 2007
- Atlético Madrid
- (Correct as of 19 February 2013[update])
|Club||Season||State League||Brazilian Série A||Copa do Brasil||Copa Libertadores||Copa Sudamericana||Total|
- "El Atlético cerró el fichaje del medio Cléber Santana" [Atlético closed midfielder Cléber Santana's signing] (in Spanish). Diario AS. 4 July 2007.
- "El Atlético de Madrid confirma la cesión de Cléber Santana al Mallorca para la próxima temporada" [Atlético de Madrid confirm Cléber Santana's loan to Mallorca for the following season] (in Spanish). Terra. 25 August 2008.
- "Mallorca 3–3 Athletic Bilbao". ESPN Soccernet. 9 November 2008. Retrieved 22 July 2011.
- "Mallorca 2–1 Barcelona". ESPN Soccernet. 17 May 2009. Retrieved 22 July 2011.
- "Fourth defeat on spin". ESPN Soccernet. 24 May 2009. Retrieved 22 July 2011.
- "Piatti leaves it late for Almeria". ESPN Soccernet. 23 September 2009. Retrieved 22 July 2011.
- "Cléber Santana chega confiante:'Fla não pode pensar em rebaixamento'" [Cléber Santana arrives confident:'Fla cannot think of relegation'] (in Portuguese). Globo Esporte. 21 September 2012. Retrieved 22 September 2012.
- Flamengo official website (Portuguese)
- Flaestatística player profile (Portuguese)