10 February 1975 |
|Education||Wisbech Grammar School|
|Spouse(s)||Craig Woodrow (2007-present)|
Claire Goose (born 10 February 1975) is a British actress. She is known for her portrayals of nurse Tina Seabrook in the BBC television drama Casualty and later as DS Mel Silver in Waking the Dead. She is also known for commentary on the TV show 'Road Wars'
Life and career
Goose was born in Edinburgh, Scotland. Her father was a GP in Dersingham. Goose has an elder sister, Caroline, a nursery nurse and an elder brother, Duncan, an entrepreneur who started up the "one water" company where all the profits go to the roundabout playpumps in Africa. She is a graduate of the Italia Conti Academy stage school.
Early theatre roles included Addicted to Love, and Hitting Home with Colin Tarrant at the Man in the Moon Theatre, written by James Woolf and directed by Dave Gillies. She also appeared in early adverts for Impulse women's body spray.
She became well known in the UK in the late 1990s for her role as nurse Tina Seabrook in Casualty. Goose later played Inspector Rachel Weston in ITV's The Bill, following Gillian Taylforth's departure from the programme in August 2008. Claire's debut on the show was on 6 August.
In 2011, she appeared in BBC1 drama, Exile, with John Simm.
Goose dated Casualty co-star Jonathan Kerrigan for several years. Her husband is producer Craig Woodrow. They met on a blind date, married on 28 December 2007 and had their first child in September 2009.
She has received attention from the voters in the FHM magazine poll of the "100 Sexiest Women in the World" on numerous occasions, with improved placings over time. She was no. 94 in the 1998 poll, no. 38 in 1999, and no. 29 in 2000.
- Loved Up in Men (1995)
- Casualty (nurse Tina Seabrook) for BBC Television (1997 - 2000)
- Alone (2001)
- Slap Bang (2001)
- Gifted (2003)
- Waking the Dead (DS Mel Silver) for BBC Television (2000–2004)
- L'Assommoir (Gervaise) for BBC Radio 4 (2004)
- Secret Smile (2005)
- Perfect Day (2005)
- Bad Day (2008)
- About a Dog (Sarah) for BBC Radio 4 (2007)
- The Bill (Inspector Rachel Weston) (TV series) (2008-2010)
- Road Wars (Narrator) (TV series) (2009-)
- Hustle Series 7 (Albert Stroller's Daughter) (Feb 2011)
- Exile (May 2011)
- Mount Pleasant (TV series) (2012)
- Undeniable (TV series) (2014) (Jane)
- New Tricks (TV series) (2014)
- T & G record. Transport and General Workers' Union (Great Britain). 2003. p. 26.
- "Waking the Dead". BBC. Retrieved 1 June 2010.
- "The Bill actress Claire Goose reveals her joy at her first pregnancy... and how she nearly lost her unborn child". London: The Bill. 1 June 2009. Retrieved 1 June 2010.
- Stone, Andrew (7 December 2008). "How I made it: Duncan Goose, founder of One Water". London: The Times. Retrieved 1 June 2010.
- BBC Drama Faces - Jonathan Kerrigan, retrieved 24 September 2008
- "Entertainment FHM's top 100 women". FHM. 28 May 1999. Retrieved 1 June 2010.