From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up clamp or clamps in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Clamp may refer to:
Tools and devices
- Clamp (tool), a device used to hold an object in a fixed position
- Brick clamp, an early method of baking bricks
- Wheel clamp, a device used with road vehicles to prevent theft or enforce parking restrictions
- Riser clamp, a device used to support vertical piping
- Storage clamp, an agricultural root crop storage
- Castration clamp, a tool used to castrate animals
- Nipple clamp, a clamp that can be applied to the nipples of either men or women
Electronics and medicine
- Clamp meter, a device for measuring electric current
- Clamp (circuit), a voltage limiting electrical circuit
- Clamping (graphics), the process of limiting a position to an area
- Glucose clamp technique
- clampf or clampi, color amplitude data types in OpenGL
- Voltage clamp, a device used to measure ion transport across cells.
- Clamp (zoology), an attachment structure found in certain parasitic flatworms.
People and groups
- Eddie Clamp (1934–1995), English footballer
- Shirley Clamp (born 1973), Swedish pop singer
- Paula Clamp (born 1967), novelist, playwright and Visiting Lecturer at the University of Ulster
- Steve Clamp (born 1977), British freelance journalist and newsreader
- Ted Clamp (1924–1990), English footballer
- William Clamp (1891–1917), VC (28 October 1891 – 9 October 1917) was a Scottish recipient of the Victoria Cross
- Clamp (manga artists), stylized as CLAMP, an all-female Japanese manga artist group that formed in the mid-1980s
- Clamp, a character in the television show Galactik Football
- Clamps (Futurama), a member of the Robot Mafia in Futurama
- CLAMP (Climate leaf analysis multivariate program) - a method for characterizing past climates
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.
|This page or section lists people with the surname Clamp. If an internal link intending to refer to a specific person led you to this page, you may wish to change that link by adding the person's given name(s) to the link.|