From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Clan name may refer to one of the following:
- Chinese clan name (Chinese: 氏; pinyin: shì), one of two types of ancient Chinese surnames distinct from the ancestral name (姓, xing)
- Mongolian clan name, a portion of a Mongolian name
- Roman clan name, a common element of Latin names, usually the second name following the praenomen and before the cognomen
- Scottish clan, a geographically based system of family groupings (and, historically, of government) in Scotland
- Xhosa clan name, a respectful way of referring to a Xhosa person, after the name of a prominent ancestor
Although clan names today tend to be restricted to the above named cultures, many other nations have traditionally been sub-divided into clans. For historical details, see the entry at Clan.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.