|Single by Manu Chao|
|from the album Clandestino|
|B-side||"Bienvenido A Tijuana" (More Image Version), "Mama Call"|
|Released||11 July 2000|
|Genre||Reggae, Latin music|
|Producer(s)||Manu Chao & Renaud Letang|
|Manu Chao singles chronology|
"Clandestino" is the second single and the title track from Manu Chao's first album, Clandestino. It is perhaps, along with "Bongo Bong" and "Me Gustas Tú", his most well-known song. The lyrics of the song are sung in Spanish and deal with the issue of immigration: "I wrote it about the border between Europe and those coming from poorer nations. Look around — maybe 30% of the people in this street are clandestino [illegal]." The song spent three weeks in French charts and peaked at number 78. It charted again in November 2013, peaking at number 196.
- "Bienvenido A Tijuana" (More Image Version)
- "Mama Call"
- "Clandestino" (Enhanced Video)
A music video was produced for the song along with the album track which appears on the single, "Mama Call".
- Brazilian singer Adriana Calcanhotto (Público - (Ao Vivo), 2000)
- Brazilian band Tihuana (Ilegal, 2000)
- Italian singer Fiorella Mannoia (Concerti, 2004)
- Belgian choir Scala & Kolacny Brothers (2005)
- French band El Gafla (duet with Manu Chao) (pA/Ris-Casbah, 2006)
- Spanish flamenco singer José Mercé
- Turkish jazz band Luxus (2010)
- Romanian band Bosquito has recently been performing a live Mashup (music) of "Clandestino" and Santana's "Gitano".
- Cartwright, Garth (1 October 2007). "The wild rover". The Guardian (Guardian News and Media Limited). Retrieved 25 July 2008.
- (French) "InfoDisc : Tous les Titres par Artiste". Dominic DURAND / InfoDisc. InfoDisc.fr. 5 July 2013. Retrieved 5 July 2013. Select "Manu Chao" from the artist drop-down menu
- "lescharts.com – Manu Chao – Clandestino". Hung Medien. Retrieved 7 January 2014.