|Key people||Brendan Haggerty, VP Engineering|
Clarabridge is a software company formed in 2005 in Reston, VA. Clarabridge offers its Clarabridge Enterprise and Clarabridge Professional products as SaaS and on premise software solutions that utilize sentiment and text analytics to automatically collect, categorize and report on structured and unstructured data. The data typically used for analysis comes from social media (such as Facebook, Twitter, or review sites), call center notes, email, chats, and surveys. Using natural language processing and other patented technology, the software is used in voice of the customer, customer experience management and customer feedback programs.
In 2006,Clarabridge was spun out from business intelligence consultancy Claraview. Claraview was acquired by Teradata (NYSE:TDC) in 2008. Claraview co-founders Sid Banerjee and Justin Langseth started the project while at Claraview, and left in order to pursue Clarabridge technology full time along with third co-founder, Gene Sohn. Most recently, Clarabridge was ranked #101 in the 2010 Inc. 500 fastest growing companies and #7 in the top software companies in the Inc. 500 for 2010. Co-founder Gene Sohn left the company in 2009 and is now CTO of Intellinote. Co-founder Justin Langseth left the company to pursue his own interest in the technology space with Zoomdata. Clarabridge is a venture capital funded company, including investment from Grotech Ventures, Intersouth Partners, Harbert Venture Capital, and Boulder Ventures.
- Clarabridge holds two patents see: http://search.usa.gov/search?affiliate=web-sdmg-uspto.gov&v:project=firstgov&query=clarabridge
- See: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/05/28/AR2006052800815.html and http://www.bizjournals.com/washington/stories/2006/01/23/story5.html
- See 2008 section of Teradata history here http://www.teradata.com/t/history/
- A profiled entrepreneur, Clarabridge is his second startup, see http://venturebeatprofiles.com/person/profile/sid-banerjee and http://bx.businessweek.com/profile/sid-banerjee/sbanerjee607/
- Also a serial entrepreneur profiled here: http://bisnowemail.com/washington_dc_tech_news_story.php?p=1222