|Nationality||United States of America|
|Notable works||Moon Over Manifest (2010)|
Clare Vanderpool (born 1965) is an American children's book author living in Wichita, Kansas. Her first book, Moon Over Manifest, won the 2011 Newbery Medal, becoming the first debut author to achieve the feat in thirty years. She is also the first Kansas native to win the Newbery Medal. Clare is a member of the Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators.
She attended Blessed Sacrament elementary school, and later graduated from Newman University in 1987. Clare decided she wanted to be a writer in the fifth grade, and realized her childhood dream at the age of 45 when her first book was published. She is married and lives with her husband in the College Hill neighborhood of Wichita, Kansas with their four children.
- Moon Over Manifest (2010)
- Navigating Early (2013)
The Watermark Books and Cafe in Wichita has hosted the book launches for both novels.
- Random House speakers. "About Clare Vanderpool". Retrieved 14 June 2013.
- Udagawa, Avery Fischer (22 May 2011). "An Interview with Clare Vanderpool". Retrieved 14 June 2013.
- Kennedy, Elizabeth. "An Interview with author Clare Vanderpool". Retrieved 14 June 2013.
- KidsPost staff writer (8 February 2011). "Interview with Clare Vanderpool, Newbery Award winner". Washington Post. Retrieved 14 June 2013.
- Watermark Books. "Clare Vanderpool event". Retrieved 14 June 2013.
- Official website
- NBC Learn video interview aired 19 October 2012 as part of the Writers Speak to Kids series
|This article about a children's author from the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|