Claremont High School (California)
|Claremont High School [CHS]|
|1601 N. Indian Hill Blvd.
Claremont, California, 91711
|Motto||A Tradition of Excellence|
|Founded||1890 (as Claremont Grammar School)|
|School district||Claremont Unified School District|
|Principal||Dr. Brett O'Connor|
|Vice principal||June Hilton|
|Vice principal||Clara Dehmer|
|Vice principal||Doug McCasey|
|Number of students||2,400|
|Campus size||20 acres|
|Accreditation||Western Association of Schools and Colleges|
Claremont High School is a public high school situated in Claremont, California, USA. Part of the Claremont Unified School District, it is a California Distinguished School, a two-time national Blue Ribbon School of Excellence (1986–1987)(1999–2000), and a nationally recognized International Baccalaureate (IB) World School.
Claremont High School is located in Claremont, California, about 30 miles east of Los Angeles. Claremont High is just a few miles from the consortium of seven Claremont Colleges. Within the Claremont Unified School District, Claremont High is the comprehensive high school, along with seven elementary schools, a school for orthopedically handicapped students, one intermediate school, one continuation high school, one community day school, and one adult school.
Claremont High School serves 2,400 students from a predominantly middle to upper-class college community. The students speak over 20 languages at home. The student community is 45% White, 29% Hispanic, 13% Asian and Pacific Islander, and 8% African-American. Over 96% are fluent English speakers. Claremont High serves approximately 35 orthopedically handicapped students from this and surrounding school districts. 
Claremont's sports programs include football, basketball, volleyball, golf, baseball, water polo, wrestling, tennis, soccer, track and field, and cross-country. The varsity football team has won 21 league championships, including 5 CIF titles. The cross-country team earned a fourth place finish at the 2009 CIF State Meet and a third place finish at the 2010 CIF State Meet. In 2009 and 2010, the varsity tennis team won CIF  titles. The soccer team won back to back league titles in 1993, 2001-2002 and 2011.
Claremont is part of the Sierra League consisting of Chino Hills High School, Charter Oak High School, Ayala High School, South Hills High School, and Damien High School. Claremont High School has 24 varsity athletic teams.
- Jessica Alba (1998), actress and model
- Ben Harper, musician and singer-songwriter
- Matt Jones, actor
- Elliot Graham, film editor
- Hughes brothers, film directors, producers and screenwriters.
- Dileep Rao, actor
- Alex Hinshaw, MLB baseball player for the San Francisco Giants
- Justin Germano, baseball player in the U.S, Japan and Korea
- Kristin Rossum, toxicologist notable for murdering her husband with poison
- Tony Beltran, MLS defender for the Real Salt Lake
- Dan McGwire, former NFL quarterback for the Seattle Seahawks
- Martin Hewitt, actor
- Dave Rice, college basketball coach, UNLV
- Peter Thum, co-founder of Ethos Water
- Cameron Munter, U.S. Ambassador to Pakistan
- Anastasia Horne, actress/singer
- Aundrea Fimbres, singer and dancer
- Cameron Morrah, NFL tight end for the Seattle Seahawks
- Malu Dreyer, German politician, Minister-President of the state of Rhineland-Palatinate, spent 1977 as an exchange student at Claremont
- Kori Carter, Track and field athlete
- John Darnielle, musician and singer-songwriter
- "About CHS". Claremont High School. Retrieved 17 February 2012.
- "NFL.com: Cameron Morrah". Nfl.com player profiles. nfl.com. Retrieved 26 May 2011.