Claremont High School, Kenton
|This article relies on references to primary sources. (January 2009)|
|Headteacher||Terry J. Molloy|
|DfE URN||136656 Tables|
|Ofsted||Reports Pre-academy reports|
|Website||Claremont High School|
For the school year 2009-2010 there were 1,504 pupils on the roll.
The school was founded in 1930 by Middlesex County Council, and was one of a number of new schools built by the council between the wars in the rapidly developing outer suburbs of London. Claremont is now a multi-specialist school. In 2001 it was designated a specialist school in performing arts In 2006 it was designated as having a second specialism in maths and computing, and in the following year in applied learning.
In January 2012, Claremont hosted the Chameleons Amateur Pantomime: Dick Whittington after the society vacated Brent Town Hall and returned to perform Aladdin from 17–20 January 2013. In January 2013, the Chameleons returned to Claremont to produce a pantomime: Aladdin
- "Claremont High School". Ofsted. Retrieved 4 June 2010.
- "Harrow, including Pinner : Education". A History of the County of Middlesex: Volume 4: Harmondsworth, Hayes, Norwood with Southall, Hillingdon with Uxbridge, Ickenham, Northolt, Perivale, Ruislip, Edgware, Harrow with Pinner. British History Online. 1971. Retrieved 4 June 2010.
- "Performing Arts". Claremont High School. Retrieved 30 May 2010.
- "Maths and Computing". Claremont High School. Retrieved 30 May 2010.
- "Applied Learning". Claremont High School. Retrieved 30 May 2010.
- "The Chameleons". The Chameleons Amateur Dramatic Society. Retrieved 20 March 2013.
|This London school or sixth form college related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|