Clarence Bicknell (1842-17 July 1918) was a British amateur botanist and archaeologist. While employed as a vicar in Bordighera, Italy, Bicknell became noted for his identification of the plants and petroglyphs of the Ligurian Riviera. Bicknell's notable writings include Flowering Plants of the Riviera and Neighboring Mountains (1885) and Guide to the Prehistoric Rock Engravings of the Italian Maritime Alps (1913). His extensive collection of specimens and illustrations were archived in the Museo Biblioteca Clarence Bicknell in Bordighera and at the University of Genoa. He was a supporter of Esperanto, and wrote and translated poems in that language. In 1912, he was awarded the Natural Flower at the Internaciaj Floraj Ludoj.
- Price, Gillian (1 January 2010). Walks and Treks in the Maritime Alps. Cicerone Press Limited. p. 14. ISBN 978-1-85284-564-3.
- Britten, James (1918). "Clarence Bicknell". Journal of Botany 56: 303.
- Bates, William (1920). "Archeological news, 1919". American journal of archaeology XXIV: 87.
- "Author Query for 'C.Bicknell'". International Plant Names Index.
E. Bernadini, Le alpi marittime (1979), 142–8 A. N. Branghain, The naturalist's Riviera (1962) NHM, 92 BIC • BM, Bicknell corresp. D. Hawkins, ‘Labour of twelve summers’, Country Life, 173 (1983), 1112–16 H. Lumley and others, Les gravures rupestres de l'age de bronze dans le région de Mt. Bégo (1976) South European letters, 1901–1914, RBG Kew, 148 Oxford Dictionary of National Biography doi:10.1093/ref:odnb/41049
- Website in four languages dedicated to Clarence Bicknell
- database listing of Bicknell's works
- Biblioteca-Museo Clarence Bicknell
- Works by Clarence Bicknell in the Esperanto Wikisource
- Casa Fontanalba Visitors Book 1906-1918 - Excel spreadsheet
- Clarence Bicknell - Abbot Carestia - letters 1903
- Clarence Bicknell - Creation of the Casa Fontanalba c. 1915, in his own words
- Clarence Bicknell - Émile Cartailhac. Antiquités Nationales 38 - 2007 Pierre Machu
- Clarence Bicknell - Émile Cartailhac. Letters 2014 transcribed by Pierre Machu
- Clarence Bicknell - Herne Hill Art Set and Denning
- Clarence Bicknell - James Churchman
- Clarence Bicknell - John Ferguson letter from Bicknell 1911
- Clarence Bicknell by Peter Bicknell 1988
- Clarence Bicknell - Reginald Farrer 2013 - Graham Avery
- Clarence Bicknell - Rowland William Corbet 2015 - Valerie Browne Lester
- Margaret Berry - Fontanalba Diary 1906
- Margaret & Edward Berry by Marcus Bicknell 2013
- Oxford Herbaria by Graham Avery 2014
- Prayers in Stone by Johanna Merz 2004