Clarita de Quiroz
|Clarita de Quiroz|
|Birth name||Claire de Quiroz O'Neill|
3 August 1984 |
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
|Origin||Dorset, England and Edzell, Scotland|
|Genres||Pop, soul, classical crossover|
|Occupation(s)||Model, pianist, singer, song-writer, presenter, spokesperson|
|Instruments||Piano,xylophone, vibraphone, marimba, vocals|
Clarita de Quiroz is a Scottish singer/songwriter and model from Edzell. De Quiroz is a classically trained pianist and percussionist, who was named north-east Scotland's "Young Musician of the Year" in 1998. In August 2008, De Quiroz appeared in the video for MC Harvey's "If I Was Your Man", the shooting of which was interrupted by Fife Police, as it was taking place close to the home of Prime Minister Gordon Brown. Her first single, "Summertime", was released in September 2008. She is also known for supporting Akon in Scotland during 2007 as well as Amp Fiddler. De Quiroz is now based in the UAE.
De Quiroz filmed for the first motion picture in Dubai, UAE City of Life. De Quiroz is also one of the Michelle Mone Ultimo's package models (website demonstration model) alongside ex Miss Scotland Lois Weatherup.
De Quiroz in January 2010 was elected to be a Key Opinion Leader for premium skin care brand Dove UAE. As an ambassador to the brand, de Quiroz will reach out to women all over the UAE to promote healthy lifestyle, balance and confidence.
Early life and education
De Quiroz was born in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, the daughter of Estelita Tala Tala de Quiroz (Civil Engineer then housewife) and Robert O'Neill, Chartered Engineer. De Quiroz was brought up in Corfe Mullen in Dorset and attended Lockyears Middle School. At the age of 10 she moved to Scotland to Edzell where she continued to study in Mearns Academy, Laurencekirk.
Post-high school studies, she then completed her MA (Hons) degree at the University of Glasgow in Business and Economics.
De Quiroz is currently based in Dubai where she has modelled for, MAC Makeup, Guerlain Makeup UAE, Snob magazine, Physique magazine, Illustrado magazine, Liz Claiborne UAE, Sheraton Hotels, Lily Pond Spa, Galeries Lafayette, Crafft AC (Commercial), Dubai Tourism Global Commercial, Men's Fitness Magazine, Harvey Nichols, Abu Dhabi Sports TV, Dessert Fish Magazine, and Emirates Woman Magazine. De Quiroz was also a selected finalist for the Paris Hilton BFF Dubai 2009 show however rejected the opportunity.
De Quiroz was a packaging model for Ultimo lingerie alongside Lois Weatherup, a former Miss Scotland. She has modelled for companies such as La Senza, Boudich Lingerie, La Sirenne Channel 4 Stacked, ICS[disambiguation needed] learning commercial, front page model and editorial model for Illustrado Magazine La Femme Fatale Lingerie, Wella Hair at Salon International 2007, MTV, and appeared on numerous front page covers of magazines and editorials/commercials.
De Quiroz is a classically trained pianist and percussionist, who was named north-east Scotland's "Young Musician of the Year" in 1998.
Clarita supported Sir Elton John at his Abu Dhabi Yas Arena performance in March 2012 as well as won the GR8! Women Awards 2012 for Best Singer in the Middle East.
Clarita performed at the Formula 1 Abu Dhabi 2011 just after her performance alongside Macy Gray in Doha for the Doha 21st Century Leaders Awards 2011 in October. Clarita de Quiroz also performed at the 2010 Formula 1 supporting Kelly Rowland, Gabrielle and the Sugababes.
De Quiroz completed her "Grade 8 Piano" at the age of 16 and her "Grade 8 Percussion" at 15 at the Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music. De Quiroz composed her first concerto Inamorato at the age of 15 during her lunch time breaks during school. She started her vocal training at the age of 13.
Her performances in Dubai have included the Grazia Style Awards 2009, Time Out Awards and Esquire Magazine Launch 2009, Arabian Business Awards and Emirates Woman of the Year Awards 2009. In October 2009 Clarita performed in front of the Qatar Al Thani Royal Family for the Doha 21st Century Leaders Awards 2009.
She released her first Single "Summertime" in 2008 which featured Pharell Williams's girls Kin 4 Life and HBO Latino's La Bruja. The double single release also contained Hypnotize featuring Flipmode Squad's Baby Sham and Kanye West's JNan.
De Quiroz started shooting for City 7 TV's Dubai Dine TV and Dubai Night's TV shows in June 2010.
- Clarita official website
- UK Modelling Agency
- UAE Modelling Agency
- Clarita de Quiroz at the Internet Movie Database
- Clarita de Quiroz on Myspace
- Kevin Duguid (2 September 2008). "North-east model in rap video armed raid drama". Evening Express. Retrieved 17 September 2008.
- Mark Smith (1 September 2008). "Cops swoop on MC Harvey's video shoot". Daily Mirror. Retrieved 17 September 2008.
- Beauty, Care and Happiness for Women of the UAE. eyeofdubai.com. 2 February 2010
- Colours Model, Artists, Creatives and Events Management. Coloursagency.com. Retrieved on 6 April 2012.
- Model Agency | Dubai Models. Bareface. Retrieved on 6 April 2012.
- [dead link]
- Official Website of Clarita de Quiroz Singer Songwriter Pianist Model. Claritadequiroz.com. Retrieved on 6 April 2012.
- [dead link]
- MTV Staying Alive 2008: Chewing gum | Ads of the World™. Adsoftheworld.com. Retrieved on 6 April 2012.
- Dedicated 2 Weddings Magazine. Dedicated2weddings.com (22 March 2009). Retrieved on 6 April 2012.
- Yasalam. yasalam.ae
- 1Xtra – Ras Kwame. BBC. Retrieved on 6 April 2012.
- Radio 1 – Vic Galloway – Tracklisting. BBC. Retrieved on 6 April 2012.
- Akon is coming to town. urbanscot.com. 5 July 2007
- Entertainment. 21st Century Leaders Awards. Retrieved on 6 April 2012.
- R&B/Soul. Clarita: SUMMERTIME (Single). everyurbanthing.com
- Open for Business. Blogs.inquirer.net. Retrieved on 6 April 2012.
- Six Significant Filipinas Honored in Illustrado Women of Substance Event in Dubai. PR.com. 8 April 2009. Retrieved on 6 April 2012.
- Information on dubai city,citylife,culture and heritage of Dubai,UAE. GoDubai (15 March 1999). Retrieved on 6 April 2012.
- Buhay Disyerto. Buhay Disyerto. Retrieved on 6 April 2012.