|Headquarters||San Mateo, California|
|Products||Project management software|
Clarizen, Inc. is a work management and project management software company based in San Mateo, California. The company was founded in 2005 and the software was first released for public use in 2007. Clarizen's primary product is a collaborative project execution software.
The software was first launched on October 16, 2007. Since then Clarizen has been recognized by American Venture Magazine as one of the "Most Promising Start-Ups" in 2008. IDC named Clarizen in its Top 10 Most Innovative Applications Companies Under $100M to Watch in 2009.
Clarizen is a web based (SaaS) collaborative work and project management solution. Clarizen combines work management and team collaboration with real-time business execution in a cloud-based application. Notable among Clarizen's features are the ability of CAD designers attach CAD drawings to a project and to move between the project view and design view and an E-mail reporting feature. There is also an open API for those who wish to integrate with existing project software.
The software allows its users to collaborate within their organization as well as with external organizations that are not necessarily signed up to the service. Using the ProjectMail function, users can update their progress on their work items without actually having to log into the system. In addition to collaboration tools, Clarizen offers project and work management tools including:
- project scheduling
- collaborative planning
- time tracking
- task management
- budget tracking
In terms of pricing, they have 3 service options:
- Clarizen Professional: No access to API, very limited customization options.
- Clarizen Enterprise: Full access, much more customization options.
- Clarizen Unlimited: Full access including SSO and LDAP integration.
Awards and industry recognition
Notable awards for Clarizen include:
- Listed in the Visionaries Quadrant of the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Cloud-Based IT Project and Portfolio Management Services. 
- Listed by Gartner in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for IT Project and Portfolio Management in 2009 and 2010.
- Red Herring Winner 2007.
- Finalist of "the Product of The Year 2008" at the Intranet Journal.
- Named in the "Hottest Silicon Valley Companies" list by Lead411.
- Received Silver Award from TopTenREVIEWS for Best Online Project Management Software. 
| date = January 5, 2013
- "Lead411 selects Clarizen for "Hottest Silicon Valley Companies" Awards". Lead411. May 25, 2010. Retrieved 2010-12-14.
- Preimesberger, Chris (March 16, 2010). "Clarizen WorkManagement Adds Google Docs Support". eWeek. Retrieved 2010-12-14.
- Kanaracus, Chris (April 30, 2008). "Clarizen Going After Microsoft Project Users". PC World. Retrieved 2008-09-16.
- Grady, Barbara (August 10, 2007). "Clarizen launches San Mateo operations". San Mateo County Times (California). Retrieved 2008-09-16.
- Bhuta, Falguni (31 August 2007). "Project Management Software is Hot". Red Herring. Retrieved 2008-09-16.
- Del Rey, Jason (October 31, 2007). "Who Needs Santa's Helpers? - A New Way to Manage Projects -- Together". The New York Times. Retrieved 2008-09-16.
- "Avinoam Nowogrodski". Crunchbase. March 12, 2008. Retrieved 2008-08-31.
- "Tanya Epstein". Crunchbase. March 12, 2008. Retrieved 2008-08-31.
- "Clarizen Named 2008 "Most Promising Start-Up"". Press release via accessmylibrary. 2008-01-14.
- "IDC named Clarizen in its Top 10 Most Innovative Applications Companies Under $100M to Watch.". IDC. October 26, 2009. Retrieved 2009-11-16.
- "On-Demand Project Management". management.cadalyst.com. June 30, 2008. Retrieved 2008-08-31.
- "Clarizen Launches Vertical Markets Strategy with Open API in Version 2.1". Clarizen press release via reuters.com. June 30, 2008. Retrieved 2008-08-31.
- Clarizen project management pricing options. Accessed 2012-02-17
- Daniel B. Stang, Michael Hanford (May 13, 2013). ""Magic Quadrant for Cloud-Based IT Project and Portfolio Management Services"". Gartner. Retrieved 30 May, 2013. }
- Daniel B. Stang, Michael Hanford (2 June 2009). "Magic Quadrant for IT Project and Portfolio Management". Gartner RAS Core Research. Gartner. Retrieved 27 July 2010.
- Daniel B. Stang (7 June 2010). "Magic Quadrant for IT Project and Portfolio Management". Gartner RAS Core Research. Gartner. Retrieved 27 July 2010.
- "Project Management Software is Hot". Red Herring. 31 August 2007. Retrieved 26 July 2010.
- Tom Dunlap (2008-02-20). "Intranet Journal Announces 2008 Product of the Year Winners". Internet.com. Retrieved 26 July 2010.
- "Lead411 launches "Hottest Silicon Valley Companies" awards". May 25, 2010. Retrieved 26 July 2010.
- Online Project Management Review/
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Clarizen.|