Clark Peterson (born February 7, 1966, in Los Angeles, California) is an American film producer and entertainment executive.
Producer of the Academy Award-winning "Monster" starring Charlize Theron, Clark Peterson has produced and executive produced a wide variety of award-winning films, documentaries, and television movies. Most recently, Peterson produced 2011's critically acclaimed "Rampart,” starring Woody Harrelson and directed by Oren Moverman, from a screenplay by Moverman and James Ellroy. Other past projects include "My Date with Drew,” "Dim Sum Funeral,” and "East of Havana,” a documentary about the Cuban hip-hop scene.
A graduate of Stanford University, Peterson began his career working in development and production for producer Roger Corman before later joining the Walt Disney Studios as an executive. Prior to "Monster,” he produced and executive produced such films as "The Watcher" with Keanu Reeves and James Spader, "Table for One" starring Rebecca DeMornay, and "Tart" with Dominique Swain, Brad Renfro, and Melanie Griffith.
In addition to pre-production work on Roger Allers' 3D animated film adaptation of Khalil Gibran's legendary work The Prophet, Peterson is currently in post-production on "Devil's Knot." Directed by Atom Egoyan, the film depicts the true story of the devastating murder trial of three teenage boys who later infamously became known as "The West Memphis Three." Based on the non-fiction book by Mara Leveritt and adapted by Paul Harris Boardman and Scott Derrickson, the film stars Reese Witherspoon and Colin Firth.
- Rampart (2011)....producer
- Dear Mr. Gacy (2010)....producer
- Dim Sum Funeral (2008)....executive producer
- Behind the Smile (2006)....producer
- East of Havana (2006)....producer
- My Date with Drew (2004)....executive producer
- Monster (2003)....producer
- Risk (2003)....executive producer
- Tart (2001)....executive producer
- The Watcher (2000)....co-producer
- A Table for One (1999)....producer
- The Landlady (1998)....co-producer
- The Killing Grounds (1998)....(co-producer
- The Night Caller (1998)....co-producer
- Man of Her Dreams (1997)....co-producer
- Wishmaster (1997)....producer
- Stranger in the House (1997)....executive producer
- Cupid (1997)....producer
- The Nurse (1997)....co-producer
- Daddy's Girl (1996)....co-producer
- Dead Cold (1996)....co-producer
- The Wrong Woman (1995)....executive producer
- The Secretary (1995)....co-producer
- Marked Man (1995)....co-executive producer
- "New York Times". The New York Times. May 28, 2010.