Clark Regional Airport
|Clark Regional Airport|
|IATA: none – ICAO: KJVY – FAA LID: JVY|
|Owner||Clark County Board of Aviation Commissioners|
|Serves||Clark County, Louisville MSA|
|Location||Jeffersonville / Sellersburg|
|Elevation AMSL||474 ft / 144 m|
Clark Regional Airport (ICAO: KJVY, FAA LID: JVY) is a public use airport in Clark County, Indiana, United States. The airport is owned by the Clark County Board of Aviation Commissioners. It is located five nautical miles (9 km) north of the central business district of Jeffersonville, Indiana, in town of Sellersburg. It is also seven miles (11 km) north of Louisville.
This facility is included in the National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015, which categorized it as a general aviation reliever airport. Although many U.S. airports use the same three-letter location identifier for the FAA and IATA, Clark Regional Airport is assigned JVY by the FAA but has no designation from the IATA.
Clark Regional Airport has been in operation since 1981. It has lost money every year since 2003, when for the first time it was not helped with property taxes. Its 2006 deficit was $50,000.
The airport was notably used by Bobby Petrino, then in his first stint as University of Louisville football head coach, for clandestine meetings with officials from Auburn University in 2003 and the University of Notre Dame in 2004 regarding those schools' head coaching jobs (ultimately, he would stay at Louisville through the 2006 season).
Facilities and aircraft
Clark Regional Airport covers an area of 700 acres (283 ha) at an elevation of 474 feet (144 m) above mean sea level. It has two runways with asphalt surfaces: 18/36 is 5,500 by 100 feet (1,676 x 30 m) and 14/32 is 3,899 by 75 feet (1,188 x 23 m).
For the 12-month period ending December 31, 2010, the airport had 67,922 aircraft operations, an average of 186 per day: 88% general aviation and 12% air taxi. At that time there were 128 aircraft based at this airport: 76% single-engine, 9% multi-engine, 8% helicopter, and 7% jet.
- FAA Airport Master Record for JVY ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective November 15, 2012.
- "2011–2015 NPIAS Report, Appendix A" (PDF, 2.03 MB). National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2010.
- "Clark Regional Airport (IATA: none, ICAO: KJVY, FAA: JVY)". Great Circle Mapper. Retrieved August 8, 2013.
- "IATA Airport Code Search (JVY)". International Air Transport Association. Retrieved August 8, 2013.
- Larry Thomas (April 27, 2007). "Changes coming to Clark County Airport". NewsAndTribune.com.
- Forde, Pat (April 6, 2012). "Will Arkansas fans back a sinning winner, or roast Bobby Petrino like they did Houston Nutt?". Yahoo! Sports. Retrieved April 8, 2012.
- Clark Regional Airport, official website
- Aerial photo from Indiana DOT at the Wayback Machine (archived August 15, 2010)
- Aerial image as of April 2002 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for JVY, effective December 11, 2014
- Resources for this airport: