Location of Claryville, Kentucky
|• Total||6.9 sq mi (18.0 km2)|
|• Land||6.9 sq mi (18.0 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||689 ft (210 m)|
|• Density||339/sq mi (131.0/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||0489563|
Claryville was named for the Clary family of pioneer settlers.
Claryville is located in southwestern Campbell County at  Its western border, Pond Creek Road, runs along the Licking River, which forms the Kenton County line. U.S. Route 27 (Alexandria Pike) is a four-lane highway that passes through the eastern part of Claryville, leading north through Alexandria 16 miles (26 km) to downtown Cincinnati, Ohio, and south 19 miles (31 km) to Falmouth.(38.928983, -84.401744).
As of the census of 2000, there were 2,588 people, 942 households, and 725 families residing in the CDP. The population density was 371.1 people per square mile (143.4/km²). There were 993 housing units at an average density of 142.4/sq mi (55.0/km²). The racial makeup of the CDP was 99.11% White, 0.27% African American, 0.12% Native American, 0.12% Asian, 0.08% from other races, and 0.31% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 0.46% of the population.
There were 942 households out of which 38.2% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 63.4% were married couples living together, 9.4% had a female householder with no husband present, and 23.0% were non-families. 18.8% of all households were made up of individuals and 4.7% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.75 and the average family size was 3.14.
In the CDP the population was spread out with 26.2% under the age of 18, 11.1% from 18 to 24, 30.4% from 25 to 44, 23.6% from 45 to 64, and 8.7% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 35 years. For every 100 females there were 100.2 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 97.0 males.
The median income for a household in the CDP was $49,231, and the median income for a family was $52,083. Males had a median income of $39,150 versus $27,500 for females. The per capita income for the CDP was $21,367. About 3.7% of families and 4.6% of the population were below the poverty line, including 4.8% of those under age 18 and none of those age 65 or over.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Claryville CDP, Kentucky". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved August 6, 2014.
- "Chapter C of the Encyclopedia of Northern Kentucky". The University Press of Kentucky. p. 197. Retrieved 25 June 2014.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "SCHOOL DISTRICT REFERENCE MAP (2010 CENSUS): Campbell County, KY" (Archive). U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved on May 8, 2014.