Classic Car Club (London)
|Headquarters||London, United Kingdom|
Classic Car Club (London) is a carsharing scheme operated by London Classic Events Ltd. Established in 1995, the first carsharing club of its kind in the UK with over 50 vehicles based at the club's Old Street headquarters. Classic Car Club differs from other carsharing schemes in that the cars it provides are classic and sports cars dating from 1959 to 2008.
Classic Car Club was established in 1995 by a group of enthusiast classic car owners, originally based at Kings Cross and later having premises in Islington and finally the current Old Street location.
Membership to Classic Car Club is not open as it is with schemes such as City Car Club. Prospective members have to supply references and have their membership approved by the company's board. Members receive an allocation of points upon paying a yearly membership fee. These points are exchanged for time in cars. The points system is based on the type of car, time of year and peak/off peak use. Insurance and breakdown cover is included as part of the membership. Fuel and other items like congestion charge and parking are not.
Research has shown that using carsharing clubs such as Classic Car Club can have financial benefits. According to government-sponsored website carclubs.org.uk, car owners who drive less than 6,000 miles a year can save up to £3,500
Classic Car Club have over 50 cars. Including 1959 Jaguar XK150, 2001 Maserati 3200 GT Asetto Corsa, 1963 Jaguar E-Type, 1975 Aston Martin V8. The cars are stored at the clubs Old Street headquarters. The public are allowed entry to the premises.
The club's Old Street venue is regularly used as an event venue:
- 5 October 2007 Launch of Dave (TV Channel)
- 3 October 2009 Red Bull's Manny Mania skate competition  was held at Classic Car Club.
- 3 December 2009 Fenchurch Clothing Fashion show and Party 
- 1 February 2011 PlayStation 3 Game Launch MotorStorm: Apocalypse 
Classic Car Club also has a franchise in New York. Operating a different fleet of cars.
- "A Worldwide Private Members Club". Classic Car Club. Retrieved 2012-07-09.
- Post (2012-03-13). "The Times | UK News, World News and Opinion". Business.timesonline.co.uk. Retrieved 2012-07-09.
- [dead link]
- Jon Wilde (2009-02-22). "I was in danger of turning into a total pillock: James Corden on hitting the big time | Mail Online". Dailymail.co.uk. Retrieved 2012-07-09.
- "Monkey goes to UKTV's Dave launch | Media | MediaGuardian". Guardian. Retrieved 2012-07-09.
- "Red Bull Manny Mania". Redbull.co.uk. Retrieved 2012-07-09.
- [dead link]
- "MotorStorm Apocalypse Video Interview – PlayStation Blog". Blog.us.playstation.com. 2011-02-08. Retrieved 2012-07-09.