Classic Rock (Cumulus radio network)
|The Classic Rock Experience (1972-2011)|
Classic Rock (formerly The Classic Rock Experience prior to 2011) was a 24-hour music format produced by Cumulus Media Networks (now Westwood One). It drew an adult mainstream audience between the ages of 25-49 with classic rock music from artists such as Aerosmith, The Allman Brothers Band, The Beatles, Phil Collins, Deep Purple, The Eagles, Jimi Hendrix, Pink Floyd, Queen, and The Rolling Stones.
The DJ line-up included Chaz Mixon, Michelle Michaels, Frank Welch, Jeff Davis, Debbie Douglas, Scott Manning, and Dave Bolt.
The Classic Rock Experience was first aired in 1972 by Satellite Music Network (SMN) and has since then maintained its classic rock format to this day. ABC Radio (now Cumulus Media Networks) acquired this network from SMN in 1989.
Sample hour of programming
- "Brown Sugar" - The Rolling Stones
- "Money" - Pink Floyd
- "We Will Rock You"/"We Are The Champions" - Queen
- "Purple Haze" - The Jimi Hendrix Experience
- "Slow Ride" - Foghat
- "Don't Stop Believin'" - Journey
- "Old Time Rock and Roll" - Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band
- "In The Air Tonight" - Phil Collins
- "Won't Get Fooled Again" - The Who
- "Smoke on the Water" - Deep Purple
- "Walk This Way" - Aerosmith
- "Kashmir" - Led Zeppelin
- This is a partial list.
- Cumulus/Westwood One Consolidate Formats - Radio Insight (accessed October 16, 2014)