Claudia van den Heiligenberg
|Full name||Anna Gerarda Maria van den Heiligenberg|
|Date of birth||25 March 1985|
|Place of birth||Roelofarendsveen, Netherlands|
|Playing position||Left back / Left winger|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
† Appearances (Goals).
Anna Gerarda Maria "Claudia" van den Heiligenberg (born 25 March 1985) is a Dutch footballer, currently playing for Ajax in the Vrouwen Eredivisie. She has won four league titles with Ter Leede and AZ.
In December 2009, then national coach Vera Pauw dropped Van den Heiligenberg and Dyanne Bito from the squad ahead of a match against Belarus. The decision proved controversial and it was reported that the duo were kicked out because they were in a relationship. Pauw angrily dismissed the claims, saying it was an insult to suggest they were excluded because of their relationship.
Van den Heiligenberg and Bito remained together and both were restored to the national team by incoming national coach Roger Reijners in 2010. A 2–0 win over Ireland in August 2010 was Van den Heiligenberg's 50th international cap. She was selected in the Netherlands squad for UEFA Women's Euro 2013 in Sweden.
- "UEFA Competitions Association player list". UEFA. Retrieved 23 July 2013.
- Statistics in VrouwenvoetbalNederland.nl
- Statistics in UEFA.com
- Profile in UEFA's 2009 Euro archive
- "'Verliefde' speelsters uit Oranje gezet" (in Dutch). Algemeen Dagblad. 1 December 2009. Retrieved 23 July 2013.
- "'Verhaal gebaseerd op leugens'" [Story based on lies]. OnsOranje.NL (in Dutch). Royal Dutch Football Association. 2 December 2009. Archived from the original on 3 February 2010. Retrieved 23 July 2013.
- Hoogenboom, Alieke. "‘Mijn werk combineren met voetbal is zwaar’" (in Dutch). Hier! in de Regio. Retrieved 23 July 2013.
- "Trio miss cut in Netherlands squad". UEFA.com. UEFA. 30 June 2013. Retrieved 23 July 2013.
|This biographical article related to women's association football in the Netherlands is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|