|Born||25 December 1910
|Died||17 December 1944
|Allegiance|| Weimar Republic (to 1933)
|Years of service||1928–1944|
|Commands held||I./Füsilier-Regiment 27|
|Awards||Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves|
Claus Breger (25 December 1910 – 17 December 1944) was a highly decorated Major in the Wehrmacht during World War II. He was also a recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves. The Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross and its higher grade Oak Leaves was awarded to recognise extreme battlefield bravery or successful military leadership. Claus Breger was wounded on 16 December 1944 and died the next day in Aachen, Germany. He was posthumously awarded the Oak Leaves to his Knight's Cross on 14 January 1945 and was also promoted Major.
Awards and decorations
- Iron Cross (1939)
- 2nd Class (31 October 1939)
- 1st Class (27 May 1940)
- Infantry Assault Badge (1 July 1940)
- Demyansk Shield
- Eastern Front Medal (29 July 1942)
- German Cross in Gold (16 February 1942)
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 122.
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 79.
- Fellgiebel, Walther-Peer (2000). Die Träger des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939–1945 – Die Inhaber der höchsten Auszeichnung des Zweiten Weltkrieges aller Wehrmachtsteile [The Bearers of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939–1945 — The Owners of the Highest Award of the Second World War of all Wehrmacht Branches] (in German). Friedberg, Germany: Podzun-Pallas. ISBN 978-3-7909-0284-6.
- Scherzer, Veit (2007). Die Ritterkreuzträger 1939–1945 Die Inhaber des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939 von Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm sowie mit Deutschland verbündeter Streitkräfte nach den Unterlagen des Bundesarchives [The Knight's Cross Bearers 1939–1945 The Holders of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939 by Army, Air Force, Navy, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm and Allied Forces with Germany According to the Documents of the Federal Archives] (in German). Jena, Germany: Scherzers Miltaer-Verlag. ISBN 978-3-938845-17-2.
- Thomas, Franz (1997). Die Eichenlaubträger 1939–1945 Band 1: A–K [The Oak Leaves Bearers 1939–1945 Volume 1: A–K] (in German). Osnabrück, Germany: Biblio-Verlag. ISBN 978-3-7648-2299-6.