June 3, 1984 |
Clarksville, Tennessee, U.S.
|NASCAR Xfinity Series career|
|1 race run over 1 year|
|Best finish||121st (2014)|
|First race||2011 Great Clips 300 (Atlanta)|
|NASCAR Camping World Truck Series career|
|29 races run over 4 years|
|Truck no., team||No. 68 (Alger Motorsports)|
|Best finish||24th (2012)|
|First race||2010 Kroger 250 (Martinsville)|
|Last race||2014 Fred's 250 (Talladega)|
|Statistics current as of October 18, 2014.|
Clay Greenfield (born June 3, 1984 in Clarksville, Tennessee) is an American stock car racing driver. He currently competes part-time in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series, primarily driving the No. 68 Ram for Alger Motorsports.
A graduate of Clarksville Academy, early in his career Greenfield competed primarily in the UARA-Stars Series, also making several qualifying attempts in the ARCA Racing Series in the mid 2000s, his debut being at Salem Speedway in 2004. He made his debut in NASCAR competition in 2010, driving for Team Gill Racing in the Camping World Truck Series at Martinsville Speedway; over the next three years he competed in 22 races, posting a best finish of 10th at Daytona International Speedway in 2012. Greenfield also made his debut in the Nationwide Series in 2011, finishing 35th at Atlanta Motor Speedway while driving for Rick Ware Racing.
Greenfield began the 2013 season by posting the fastest time in practice for the Camping World Truck Series' season-opening event at Daytona International Speedway in February, and finished 26th in the race, but then failed to qualify for the next two races. He finished 16th at Kansas Speedway, then returned to the series at Kentucky Speedway in July, finishing 35th for Norm Benning Racing. A few weeks later, he and Norm Benning were surprisingly racing against each other for a final transfer spot in the Mudsummer Classic race yet lost it to his part-time owner. Greenfield hasn't drove for him ever since.
Motorsports career results
(key) (Bold - Pole position awarded by qualifying time. Italics - Pole position earned by points standings or practice time. * – Most laps led.)
|NASCAR Nationwide Series results|
|2011||Rick Ware Racing||71||Ford||DAY||PHO||LVS||BRI||CAL||TEX||TAL||NSH||RCH||DAR||DOV||IOW||CLT||CHI||MCH||ROA||DAY||KEN||NHA||NSH||IRP||IOW||GLN||CGV||BRI||ATL
Camping World Truck Series
* Season in progress
1 Ineligible for series points
- Greenfield set for Daytona run. Clarksville Academy, February 25, 2013.
- Trodglen, Jimmy. "Local racer breaks even". Nashville, TN: The Tennessean, April 15, 2008, page C1.
- Trodglen, Jimmy. "Greenfield likes first taste of ARCA racing". Clarksville, TN: The Leaf-Chronicle, September 30, 2004, page C1.
- Clay Greenfield - NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Results. Racing-Reference. USA Today Sports Media Group. Accessed 2013-06-28.
- Clay Greenfield - NASCAR Nationwide Series Results. Racing-Reference. USA Today Sports Media Group. Accessed 2013-06-28.
- Linder, Brian. "Clay Greenfield wheels fastest Truck at Daytona". Daytona Beach, FL: The Daytona Beach News-Journal. February 21, 2013. Accessed 2013-06-28.
- "Clay Greenfield misses Rockingham NCWTS field" RotoWorld. NBC Sports. April 14, 2013. Accessed 2013-06-28.
- Clay Greenfield driver statistics at Racing-Reference