Clayton Hall Metrolink station
Clayton Hall Metrolink station in February 2013
Location of Clayton Hall in Greater Manchester
|Fare zone information|
|Present status||In operation|
|Opened||8 February 2013 (preview)
11 February 2013 (full)
|UK Trams portal|
Clayton Hall Metrolink station is a tram stop on the East Manchester Line (EML) of Greater Manchester's light-rail Metrolink system. The station opened on 11 February 2013, after a three-day free trial for local residents. The station was constructed as part of Phase 3a of the Metrolink's expansion, and is located in the Clayton area of Manchester, England.
Trams run along the East Manchester line westbound towards Manchester Piccadilly station before continuing through the city centre towards Bury, whilst eastbound trams run to Ashton-under-Lyne. Trams run every 12 minutes at peak times; at off-peak times, the service is reduced to every 15 minutes.
Connecting bus routes
Clayton Hall is served by buses stopping nearby on Ashton New Road. Stagecoach Manchester services 216 and 231 both run between Manchester and Ashton with the 216 replicating the tram route to Droylsden before continuing via Audenshaw, while the 231 runs via Littlemoss and Smallshaw. The 231 is also operated by First Manchester during the evening. Stagecoach's 171 service runs between Newton Heath and East Didsbury via Openshaw, Gorton and Levenshulme, while M Travel's 188 service also runs via Openshaw and Gorton on its route between Manchester and Ryder Brow.
- "It's the final countdown". Transport for Greater Manchester. 1 February 2013. Retrieved 7 February 2013.
- Kirby, Dean (4 December 2012). "Opening of Metrolink tram service to Droylsden delayed until February 2013". Retrieved 7 December 2012.
- "Droylsden’s new Metrolink line to open in February". Transport for Greater Manchester. 7 December 2012. Retrieved 7 December 2012.
- "Metrolink - Clayton Hall station". Transport for Greater Manchester. Retrieved 26 June 2011.
- "Metrolink - East Manchester line". Transport for Greater Manchester. Retrieved 19 May 2013.
- "Metrolink Pocket Guide Droylsden". Metrolink. Retrieved 11 February 2013.
- "Metrolink - Tram Times - Clayton Hall". Metrolink. Retrieved 13 February 2013.
- "Transport for Greater Manchester - Journey Planning - Network Maps". Transport for Greater Manchester. Retrieved 13 February 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Clayton Hall Metrolink station.|
|Preceding station||Manchester Metrolink||Following station|
|Eccles – Ashton-under-Lyne Line||
|Bury – Ashton-under-Lyne Line||