||This article has been nominated to be checked for its neutrality. (February 2013)|
||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (February 2013)|
CleanGenius on Mac OS X 10.7
|Initial release||5 December 2011|
|Stable release||3.0 / 15 March 2012|
|Operating system||Mac OS X 10.6 and later|
CleanGenius (previously known as MacCleaning developed by EaseUS) is utility software for Apple Inc.’s Mac OS X. It is used to clean the potentially unneeded files on Mac OS X startup disk, uninstall the application by removing its core files, preference files, cache files and proper support files. This software includes the direct version on EaseUS official website and the App Store version in Apple Inc.'s Mac App Store 
- System and user Cache files in the Mac OS X Caches folder
- System and user log files in the Mac OS X Logs folder
- Deleted files in the Mac OS X Trash folder
- Downloaded or other files in the Mac OS X Downloads folder
The duplicate function is used to find and remove all duplicated files on the disk. Duplicated files may have different file names and lurk in different folders, but they have the identical contents.
The Uninstall applications function is a replacement for the ordinary Mac remove program method, which is to drag and trash the applications directly. CleanGenius differentiates itself by additionally deleting the files located in directories other than that of the original application, such as preference files, etc.
CleanGenius intuitively marks file/folder size with different colors by Disk Usage function. The unwanted big files can be more noticeable.
CleanGenius allows the users to manually release the inactive memory in the Mac and reclaim more memory. The Mac OS X does not release inactive memory until free memory runs out. When free memory is not enough for the fresh application, OS will release part of the inactive memory for the new demand. This mechanism would hit the performance of the application which launches for the first time with the insufficient free memory.
Different usage in the Mac memory:
- Free: The unused memory.
- Wired: The used memory for the system and application core components.
- Active: The used memory for the running system and application processes.
- Inactive: The used memory for cache purpose. It stores the information of quit applications. If those applications rerun later, they will be launched notably faster.
Mounted devices ejector
CleanGenius provides an alternate method to eject mounted devices. The difference from the Mac default eject method is multi mounted devices can be ejected simultaneously by CleanGenius.
Disk space monitor
The disks space usage status is visualized in real time by CleanGenius. When disk free space is lower than 10%, the visualiser will show colorful alert.
Set login items
CleanGenius provides an alternate method to manage Mac OS X login items. Delete, hide or add applications to the login items list. The login items automatically run every time Mac OS X is booting up.
- "CleanGenius Version History". Official Website. EaseUS.
- "What Mac Operating Systems does EaseUS CleanGenius work with?". CleanGenius- FAQ. EaseUS.
- "MacCleaning rename announcement". Official Website EaseUS.
- "Alexandru Tanase, MacCleaning review at Softpedia". Softpedia.
- "EASEUS brings cleaning software to Macs". Betanews.
- "EASEUS rebrands MacCleaning -- it's CleanGenius 2.0 now". Betanews.
- "CleanGenius direct version on EaseUS official website". Official Website EaseUS.
- "CleanGenius App Store version in Apple Inc.'s Mac App Store". Mac App Store.
- "CleanGenius review at Mac.Informer". Mac.Informer.
- "CleanGenius online help". Official Website EaseUS.
- "Allows you to clean junk files, eject drives and monitor disk space". Softpedia.