|This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2014)|
CleanMyMac2 Main Window
|Stable release||2.3.2 / 11 Nov 2014|
|Operating system||Mac OS X|
The software can identify and delete unnecessary files on the Mac OS X startup disk, including system files, log files, cache files, language files, universal binaries, old iOS software updates, and temporary iPhoto files. This can be done on a schedule basis. An uninstaller allows old or incompatible applications to be thoroughly deleted, and an extension manager allows unwanted browser extensions to be disabled or deleted. The software offers the ability to bypass the trash when deleting files, and securely erase sensitive material.
The original version of the application was downloaded over three million times. An updated version, CleanMyMac2, was released on March 5, 2013, featuring a redesigned user-interface, an iPhoto library cleanup tool, a large and old file finder (for potential deletion), OS X Mavericks compatibility and performance improvements.
On Cnet, CleanMyMac2 holds an editors rating of 3.5 stars and an average user rating of 4.5 stars (from 74 reviews). Staff praised the application in their review, calling it "Straightforward and pleasant to use". When they tested the application, it found 200Mb of files to delete in a five minute scan of their system. Data recovery amounts vary by system though, with TechnologyTell able to recover 4Gb of space on a MacBook Pro when testing the application.
- Mac OS X 10.7+
- 40Mb of free disk space
- "Keep Your Mac Clean, Healthy And Fast". Softpedia.
- "CleanMyMac". MacPaw.
- "50+ Ways How To Clean Up Your Mac Computer". Macpaw.
- "MacPaw CleanMyMac 2 Review – Cleanup & Optimization Software". TheTechReviewer.
- "CleanMyMac2 - Not The Usual And Simple Update". WiselyGuide.
- "MacPaw Releases CleanMyMac 2". MacPaw.
- "CleanMyMac2 Removes Unnecessary Files To Free Up Storage Space". Macworld.
- "CleanMyMac 2 For Mac". Cnet.
- "CleanMyMac 2 For OS X Review". TechnologyTell.
- CleanMyMac Review | iCreate
- CleanMyMac review - Review - Macworld UK
- CleanMyMac 2 review: remove unnecessary files on your Mac - PC Advisor
- Mac OS X Tips, Tricks & Fixes - Imagine Publishing
- Mac Maintenance Tips & Tricks - Imagine Publishing