Clear Creek Township, Ashland County, Ohio
|Clear Creek Township, Ohio|
|— Township —|
|• Total||25.4 sq mi (65.7 km2)|
|• Land||25.3 sq mi (65.4 km2)|
|• Water||0.1 sq mi (0.3 km2)|
|Elevation||1,109 ft (338 m)|
|• Density||81.9/sq mi (31.6/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1085703|
Clear Creek Township is one of the fifteen townships of Ashland County, Ohio, United States. The 2000 census found 2,069 people in the township, 1,300 of whom lived in the unincorporated portions of the township.
Located in the northwestern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Ruggles Township - north
- Orange Township - east
- Montgomery Township - southeast corner
- Milton Township - south
- Weller Township, Richland County - southwest corner
- Butler Township, Richland County - west
Name and history
It is the only Clear Creek Township statewide.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Ashland County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.