Clear Lake, Wisconsin
|Clear Lake, Wisconsin|
Location of Clear Lake, Wisconsin
|• Total||3.02 sq mi (7.82 km2)|
|• Land||2.94 sq mi (7.61 km2)|
|• Water||0.08 sq mi (0.21 km2)|
|Elevation||1,171 ft (357 m)|
|• Estimate (2012)||1,052|
|• Density||363.9/sq mi (140.5/km2)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|Area code(s)||715 & 534|
|GNIS feature ID||1582973|
Clear Lake is located at (45.250315, -92.271909).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the village has a total area of 3.02 square miles (7.82 km2), of which, 2.94 square miles (7.61 km2) of it is land and 0.08 square miles (0.21 km2) is water.
As of the census of 2010, there were 1,070 people, 459 households, and 282 families residing in the village. The population density was 363.9 inhabitants per square mile (140.5 /km2). There were 502 housing units at an average density of 170.7 per square mile (65.9 /km2). The racial makeup of the village was 97.4% White, 0.1% Native American, 0.2% Asian, 0.9% from other races, and 1.4% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 2.8% of the population.
There were 459 households of which 30.5% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 42.7% were married couples living together, 13.1% had a female householder with no husband present, 5.7% had a male householder with no wife present, and 38.6% were non-families. 33.6% of all households were made up of individuals and 14.4% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.32 and the average family size was 2.94.
The median age in the village was 37.9 years. 25.8% of residents were under the age of 18; 7.1% were between the ages of 18 and 24; 24.5% were from 25 to 44; 26.4% were from 45 to 64; and 16% were 65 years of age or older. The gender makeup of the village was 48.8% male and 51.2% female.
As of the census of 2000, there were 1,051 people, 453 households, and 261 families residing in the village. The population density was 397.1 people per square mile (153.1/km²). There were 478 housing units at an average density of 180.6 per square mile (69.6/km²). The racial makeup of the village was 97.91% White, 0.57% Native American, 0.19% Asian, 0.57% from other races, and 0.76% from two or more races. 3.14% of the population were Hispanic or Latino of any race.
There were 453 households out of which 27.4% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 46.6% were married couples living together, 8.6% had a female householder with no husband present, and 42.2% were non-families. 36.0% of all households were made up of individuals and 23.6% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.30 and the average family size was 3.03.
In the village the population was spread out with 24.5% under the age of 18, 8.5% from 18 to 24, 26.3% from 25 to 44, 18.7% from 45 to 64, and 22.1% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 39 years. For every 100 females there were 90.7 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 88.2 males.
The median income for a household in the village was $32,269, and the median income for a family was $44,219. Males had a median income of $31,313 versus $22,917 for females. The per capita income for the village was $16,564. About 4.1% of families and 7.5% of the population were below the poverty line, including 5.1% of those under age 18 and 12.3% of those age 65 or over.
- Clear Lake has 18 Christian churches, representing 8 denominations.
- There is a War memorial in the Clear Lake Cemetery, called the Clear Lake All-Veteran's Memorial, which commemorates 1,700 local veterans on seven granite monuments.
- Clear Lake High School has only posted state champions in track and field and wrestling.
- Clear Lake is home to a 5-time state champion and 2-time global champion Destination ImagiNation team.
- In November 2007, a Hollywood film entitled Clear Lake, WI, starring Michael Madsen, was filmed in the Clear Lake area.
- Clear Lake housed a production brewery from 2002 to 2005 named William Kuether Brewing Company and produced and distributed 'Sconnie Ales in Wisconsin and Minnesota.
- Burleigh Grimes - Hall of Fame Major League Baseball pitcher & manager (1916–1935)
- Gaylord A. Nelson - Former Wisconsin Governor and United States Senator, Founder of Earth Day
- "US Gazetteer files 2010". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- "Population Estimates". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2013-06-24.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "Clear Lake Churches".
- "Destination ImagiNation, Inc.".
- The Official Clear Lake, Wisconsin website
- The Clear Lake Community Club Website
- Clear Lake Schools website