Clear Lake State Park (Michigan)
|Clear Lake State Park|
Montmorency County, Michigan
|Nearest city||Canada Creek Ranch, Michigan|
|Area||290 acres (1.2 km²)|
|Operated by||Michigan Department of Natural Resources|
Clear Lake State Park is a 290-acre (1.2 km2) state park in Michigan. Located in elk country, the park is a secluded retreat offering a sandy beach and a shallow swimming area that is ideal for children. Dedicated as a state park in 1966, it encompasses 2/3 of the Clear Lake shoreline.
Facilities and activities
- Hiking. From the park there is access to more than 70 miles (110 km) of hiking trails.
- Fishing. The 133-acre (0.54 km2) Clear Lake is spring fed and has a depth of 100 feet (30 m). A variety of fish species have been planted and the lake is excellent for trout and smallmouth bass.
- Picnic Area
- Picnic Shelter.
- Camping. There are 200 camping sites and a mini cabin.
- Boating. Two paved launch sites provide access to the spring-fed lake.
- "Clear Lake State Park". Retrieved 2011-09-25.
- Clear Lake State Park - Michigan DNR
- Protected Planet (World Database on Protected Areas) - Clear Lake State Park
|This Michigan state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|