Clearwater Central Catholic High School
|Clearwater Central Catholic High School|
|2750 Haines Bayshore Road
Clearwater, Florida, 33760
(Latin: "Take Up and Read")
|Founder||Archbishop Joseph Hurley|
|Oversight||Diocese of St. Petersburg|
|Asst. Principal||Ann Marie Kohutek|
|Age||9th Grade to 12th Grade|
|Campus size||40 Acres|
|Athletics||Football, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Softball, Track & Field, Cheerleading, Cross Country, Golf, Swimming & Diving, Wrestling, Weightlifting|
|Athletics conference||FHSAA, Class 3A|
|Rival||St. Petersburg Catholic, Berkeley Prep, Tampa Catholic|
|Accreditation(s)||Southern Association of Colleges and Schools |
|Publication||Silent Epiphanies (literary magazine)|
|Newspaper||The Central Voice|
|Affiliation||Sisters of Notre Dame|
|Admissions Director||Helen Lambert|
|Athletic Director||Keith Galley|
Clearwater Central Catholic High School is a private college preparatory school for grades 9 through 12 and located in Clearwater, Florida, in the Roman Catholic Diocese of Saint Petersburg. Founded in 1962, the school enrolls approximately 500 students from the Tampa Bay area. Clearwater Central Catholic High School is an international IB World School.
The school was founded in February 1962 with the groundbreaking of its first building. CCC opened its doors in September 1963 with a seven-member staff and an enrollment of 96 students. In 1964, the first graduating class consisted of 26 students. The school has been awarded Blue Ribbon School of Excellence status. CCC has also won 34 State Titles. 13 combined from the Boys and Girls Soccer teams. The last title was in 2007 when the Marauder Baseball team won. CCC has a rich heritage in sports, turning out an MLB pitcher Ryan Webb, and two NFL starters Riley Cooper and Colin McCarthy.
- Riley Cooper (graduated 2006) – former starting Wide Receiver for the Florida Gators, was drafted in the 5th round of the 2010 NFL Draft by the Philadelphia Eagles. He currently wears the number 14 jersey, unlike the number 11 jersey he wore while playing football at CCC and Florida.
- Paul Freedman (graduated 2009) - former starting Tight End for the Virginia Cavaliers. He started two seasons and lettered all four years for UVA. Wore number 88.
- Brooke Hogan (born 1988) – daughter of famous wrestler Hulk Hogan and an American pop singer and television personality who attended the school for half a year.
- Brooke Magnanti (graduated 1992) – scientist and writer of the Belle de Jour books.
- Colin McCarthy (graduated 2006) – former starting Middle Linebacker for the Miami Hurricanes where he wore the number 44 jersey. He was drafted in the 4th round of the 2011 NFL Draft by the Tennessee Titans.
- Ryan Webb- (graduated 2004 – son of former MLB star Hank Webb and a current pitcher for the Florida Marlins, he also played for the San Diego Padres.
- A.J. Trump - (graduated 2004) - former starting center for the Miami Hurricanes Where he wore number 70. He started two seasons for the canes one at guard and one at center.
- Ryan Weber- (graduated 2008)- Drafted by the Philadelphia Phillies in the 13th round. He then attended St. Pete College and was drafted again by the Atlanta Braves in the 22nd round.
- Connor Montgomery- (graduated 2011)- Led Eckerd College to NCAA soccer championship. NCAA all time record for most goals in a single season. His number, 15, is being retired at Eckerd. Sports Illustrated named him in the top 25 to be drafted in the MLS Superdraft.