Clearwater River (Red Lake River)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Region||Red River Valley|
|Part of||Nelson River basin|
|- left||Ruffy Brook, Lost River, Terrebonne Creek, Beau Gerlot Creek, Lower Badger Creek|
|- right||Walker Brook, Butcher Knife Creek|
|Cities||Bagley, Minnesota, Plummer, Minnesota, Red Lake Falls, Minnesota|
|- location||Western Clearwater County, Minnesota|
|- elevation||1,440 ft (439 m)|
|Mouth||Red Lake River|
|- location||Red Lake Falls, Minnesota|
|- elevation||955 ft (291 m)|
|Basin||1,385 sq mi (3,587 km2) |
The Clearwater River is a 147-mile-long (237 km) tributary of the Red Lake River of Minnesota in the United States. Via the Red Lake River, the Red River of the North, Lake Winnipeg, and the Nelson River, it is part of the Hudson Bay watershed.
- "Clearwater River - Minnesota Pollution Control Agency". Minnesota Pollution Control Agency. Retrieved 10 February 2015.
- "Rapid Watershed Assessment Clearwater (MN) HUC: 09020305" (PDF). United States Department of Agriculture - Natural Resources Conservation Service. Retrieved 10 February 2015.
- U.S. Geological Survey. National Hydrography Dataset high-resolution flowline data. The National Map, accessed June 8, 2011
- Upham, Warren (1920). Minnesota Geographic Names: Their Origin and Historic Significance. Minnesota Historical Society. p. 121.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Clearwater River
- Minnesota Watersheds
- USGS Hydrologic Unit Map - State of Minnesota (1974)
|This Minnesota state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|